i wish to start a direwolf20 server

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

simonlvschal

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say stick with the basic rules, such as no griefing, hacking, and respect fellow players and staff. Keep banned items to a minimum. If there is one thing that can turn off players from a server, it's a long banlist of items. I suggest using plugins such as MyTown and world guard for protection(MyTown is especially good since it is a forge mod, so can prevent griefs from mod items). Also, try not to make people pay for the privilege to use certain items. Speaking as a player of many modded servers, this is incredibly annoying.

okay so far i already know i need to ban Nukes, and World anchor

i will Allow TnT, Placement of Lava and etc but the player has to have a permission on the ground he is on
i find alot of servers that disallow tnt,lava and so but there must be a mod that protect the ground u claimed right?

Ps:
sorry my spelling i suck at it

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
well honestly the server can wait abit without a website how would people come in contact with me?

Edit infact good idea to plan ahead for server

taking that into consideration

i should work out a mod list right?

and also figure what people actually want i guess? as

- No Grief
- No Spam
- No hacking
- no 3rd party program or client

something like that right? set specific rules, things u can do and u cannot do!
Really, I enjoy a survival server such as Mindcrack or Hermitcraft where everyone is in survival and pranking one another, so much fun.
Admin just defeats that entirely.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
okay so far i already know i need to ban Nukes, and World anchor

i will Allow TnT, Placement of Lava and etc but the player has to have a permission on the ground he is on
i find alot of servers that disallow tnt,lava and so but there must be a mod that protect the ground u claimed right?

Ps:
sorry my spelling i suck at it
I believe MyTown allows this.[DOUBLEPOST=1395842958][/DOUBLEPOST]
Really, I enjoy a survival server such as Mindcrack or Hermitcraft where everyone is in survival and pranking one another, so much fun.
Admin just defeats that entirely.
I prank my friends all the time. We do not see pranks as griefing(as long as we don't actually destroy anything/lag them out hard)

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I believe MyTown allows this.[DOUBLEPOST=1395842958][/DOUBLEPOST]
I prank my friends all the time. We do not see pranks as griefing(as long as we don't actually destroy anything/lag them out hard)
I'm taking that as you backing me up, if so you're 100% right, pranking isn't griefing if you don't actually want to ruin them.