Request I need modpack with 3gb ram and questing

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Is your 3GB limit the amount of total ram in your system? Keep in mind that you have to leave room for your OS or nothing is going to work well because of all the disk swapping going on.

Your only choice, as far as I know, is to go with a pack based on a Minecraft version older than 1.7.10, which usually ran with a 4GB ram allocation. "Lite" packs were somewhat rare, but they existed and could run with 3GB. You may also have to load an older Java version for compatibility as well.

If you're using 32 bit hardware you won't be able to easily run anything newer anyway, and with version 1.8.x or 1.9.x 64-bit OS and Java became requirements anyway, since a 32-bit system cannot, due to hardware restrictions, support more than 4GB... And yo have too remember that the OS itself uses 25-50% of that.

Every pack since needs more ram until we now have ver. 1.12.2 which needs between 6 and 8GB.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
In 1.7.10, you might find a lite pack capable of running at 1GB, ShneekeyCraft for 1.7.10 did at least, but you won't find one that low AND with a questing system, since those didn't really start coming out until 1.10.2 and by that point base Minecraft generally required 3GB just to boot up.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
With 6GB you should be able to allocate 4GB and be ok. I never ran into a 1.7.10 pack that didn't work with 4GB, but I also don't run texture packs or shaders.

G

gameplayer

So Material Energy^Natural Captial is should work or Material Energy^4 ?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Try Regrowth. It might slide in under the limit. The other option, is Automaton which is a 1.12 mod pack but is surprisingly small in size.

G

gameplayer

regrowth is quickly turning boring and i dont like agricraft

G

gameplayer

Project ozone gog is work? Space astronomy is laggy chunk isnt loading