I need help with starting a mod

George Duggan

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Im George Duggan ( MrGeorge547 ) and i want to start to make a mod but dont know how?

what scripting software is the best to use?
how to make textures?

It would really help me if you message me or inbox my yt ( Youtube ) ( same name - MrGeorge547 )

Thanks,
George Duggan

P.S:- I am so sorry if i place this in the wrong area

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, welcome to the world of modding :3

So i just want to say, you need to know what you are getting yourself into!
Modding is hard and will take alot of your time.
Coding it then interacting with the community takes alot of time and is not always easy :p

Scripting software? Well i presume you mean what program to code it in, generally eclipse is best because its the easiest to setup with due to MCP having a eclipse setup ready for you.
Textures? Generally i just use GIMP, then export it into png.

Now for learning :p
There is a few ways to learn and it matters on how you learn as a person.
Generally there is 2 different ways, read others code and learn from that, its not simple but some people prefer it. (I learned this way, from EE3 and a few things from Tinkers construct)
Tutorials, tutorials are how most people like it, to have them walked through it.
For tutorials ive heard VSWE is good, i havent really used it http://www.youtube.com/user/VsweGoesMinecraft/videos

Also, do you know java? Generally knowing the language is good to be able to develop the mod :p

Also, why were you sending me a message asking if i needed textures if you dont know how o_O

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Textures are just 16x16 pixel art. You can use just about any digital art program, Photoshop and Gimp are both very excellent. Eclipse is great for a mod dev environment. VSWE (Creator of Steves Carts) is great for learning to mod, as is Pahimar (Maintainer and creator of EE2 and EE3).

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
You're best off finding some tutorials on the matter. Vswe's Summer Courses are a great help as is Pahimar's Let's Mod series. The Minecraft forge Wiki has tutorials on how to install MCP and Eclipse with Minecraft Forge. Just make sure you know some Java before you get yourself into this. Anyone can make a mod, but a mod with functionality, use, and isn't a generic obsidian tools/dir to diamonds mod can be a little bit trickier.

As far as textures go, you can find several base textures for blocks and items (such as tools and brick outlines) can be found on minecraft.net. For a program to do so, it's a personal preference. You can use Photoshop, GIMP, Paint, or whatever prefence you should choose.

And some Inspirational Music to boot.