I Need Help With ComputerCraft.. (Tell Me If This Is The Wrong Thread)

Sacred5010

Jul 29, 2019
Hey! I was using mining turtles for the first time and for some reason everytime I put the
"pastebin get and the code. Then put the name I want.

It doesn't save the program. So the next time I open the turtle to do the program it doesn't work.

Is there something I do to save it.

Jnelso99

Feb 24, 2013
I think I read where you have to give the turtle a unique name in order to have programs be remembered when restarting the game.

label set <name>

Not sure if it allows spaces in the name. If so, I imagine it would need to be in quotes.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I think I read where you have to give the turtle a unique name in order to have programs be remembered when restarting the game.

label set <name>

Not sure if it allows spaces in the name. If so, I imagine it would need to be in quotes.
No quotes. If you wanted to name your turtle 'I like pie', then you'd write.

label set I like pie

You can have spaces if you want. I don't think there's a cap on letters or words.

Domicilius

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. Turtles will not save their programs or fuel levels between breaks and replaces (maybe even relogs or chunk reloads? not sure on those) if they have no label. To set a label, type
label set <label>
to set the label. A few examples:
label set domturtle1
label set donatello
label set Michaelangelo

Once a turtle has a label, it will remember programs and consumed fuel levels between breaks and replaces, and will also display its name under its advanced tooltip.

Sacred5010

Jul 29, 2019
I fixed it. Jnelso was right. It's just on the command line label set then the name you want it to be.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
The first time you open a new turtle it should tell you to name it. I hate it when I pastebin a bunch of codes into a new turtle, fuel it up with a couple stacks of coal coke, and smash it to bits with a pick axe to head to the mine only to get there and find I forgot to name the stupid thing, again...