I need help with Applied Energistics

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
AE2 is fun to play with besides the fact you have to hunt meteors for the presses...I still do not like the fact I have to look for presses in meteors. But meh, MineTweak to the rescue I suppose.

Yeah, it's kinda sorta a problem on SMP, I had to go pretty far out to even find any meteors that hadn't already been cleaned out. And the server operator doesn't want us going too far away from spawn, for the obvious reason of helping to keep the world filesize as low as possible to keep the time required to back it up to a minimum. But the AE2 mechanic basically means each new player must go farther and farther out from spawn.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it's kinda sorta a problem on SMP, I had to go pretty far out to even find any meteors that hadn't already been cleaned out. And the server operator doesn't want us going too far away from spawn, for the obvious reason of helping to keep the world filesize as low as possible to keep the time required to back it up to a minimum. But the AE2 mechanic basically means each new player must go farther and farther out from spawn.
That is why you can copy presses in an inscriber with an iron block. If you aren't friendly enough with people on the server to borrow one to copy from those who already found them, why even play on a server?

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
That is why you can copy presses in an inscriber with an iron block. If you aren't friendly enough with people on the server to borrow one to copy from those who already found them, why even play on a server?

Oh, I had no idea you could copy them so I didn't know to ask. LOL Thanks for the info. Apparently nobody on my server knows this or perhaps they would have offered. It's a very friendly server.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
It remains my biggest problem with AE2. More worldgen is too be avoided in modded MC, in my opinion; there's far to much already, not to mention the fact that meteors tend to be huge, and overwrite what could be useful gen (RNG is also bad, but that's another topic). I still have an issue with the crystal growth mechanic as well. Throwing stuff in a puddle just seems silly to me. Still, I play SSP, so, easy enough to disable meteors and trade a block of iron for a template. The rest of it though, channels, auto-crafting revamp, etc. are well done.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I actually like the quartz seeds idea, you don't have to use it but it helps when you are low on quartz.

As for the copying presses, I know about them. I rather have an option of making the presses with the inscribers as a default option instead.