I Need Help Understanding the Mods Better

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Rainbo_CupCak

Jul 29, 2019
Well, though I have had FTB for quite a long time, until recently I never really started even going into the mods more until recently. This thread can also be used for others who are new to the modding community ask for help hoping a more experienced player comes along and decides to answer the questions.
Some of the questions I can think of off the top of my head right now are-

Is the ender quarry in DireWolf20 1.6.4 pack? (I saw it in his Server Play video so just wondering, I'm also relatively new to Dire's channel if you were wondering so this could be a foolish mistake and that it is only in forgecraft 1 and 2) EDIT: I'm pretty sure it is not, searched it in NEI

What is that thing that Dire uses to request items in his singleplayer? (I really want to know this)

If I think of any more questions, I will post them later on (and possibly answer some of your questions if I remember or check the thread too).

P.S, I am really inactive on the minecraft forums, so I hope I active on this one if I remember to and check to! Thank you if you post a question or answer!

Reactions: RealSketch

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Forgecraft is a test server for a group of mod developers, so you see a lot of stuff that is still in development in DW20's SMP series. When it hits his single player series, you will know it has been added to the pack. So the ender quarry is in the coming soon-ish phase. Looks like it is going to be a nice alternative to the BC quarry, as long as you don't want the hole to build your base in.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I don't think the Ender Quarry is in the public release yet. As you watch more of Dire's Youtube videos (also check out Soaryn's Twitch streams) you'll see that a lot of the Mod Developers for the DW packs have accounts on and test their newest versions on the Forgecraft servers (where Dire records his vids).

You get to see a lot of new stuff previewed, and sometimes hear good conversations as to why things are, or aren't, as the case may be.

[Edit] Ninja'd again!

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
Well, though I have had FTB for quite a long time, until recently I never really started even going into the mods more until recently. This thread can also be used for others who are new to the modding community ask for help hoping a more experienced player comes along and decides to answer the questions.
Some of the questions I can think of off the top of my head right now are-

Is the ender quarry in DireWolf20 1.6.4 pack? (I saw it in his Server Play video so just wondering, I'm also relatively new to Dire's channel if you were wondering so this could be a foolish mistake and that it is only in forgecraft 1 and 2) EDIT: I'm pretty sure it is not, searched it in NEI

What is that thing that Dire uses to request items in his singleplayer? (I really want to know this)

If I think of any more questions, I will post them later on (and possibly answer some of your questions if I remember or check the thread too).

P.S, I am really inactive on the minecraft forums, so I hope I active on this one if I remember to and check to! Thank you if you post a question or answer!

He uses the remote orderer from Logistics, but AE is way better imo.

Reactions: kaovalin

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
He uses the remote orderer from Logistics, but AE is way better imo.

In some cases, I would agree. However, AE's equivalent of the Remote Orderer (whatever it's called) does have a limited range, while I haven't seen one with the Orderer before, allowing you to get whatever you need from storage from any location.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I seem to recall that AE was configured with an inflated cost on the server this season, unless I'm confusing DW's series' with a different YouTuber.

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
In some cases, I would agree. However, AE's equivalent of the Remote Orderer (whatever it's called) does have a limited range, while I haven't seen one with the Orderer before, allowing you to get whatever you need from storage from any location.
The thing is, that, imo is the only way in which Logistics pipes is better than AE. I would make it so that I have LP for requesting items, and everything else (storage and auto-crafting) is done with AE. The two mods work well together so it's quite easy to do.

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019

The server play series is on the Forgecraft server, which the devs use as a test bed for bug fixing and balancing. If you see it on there but not on the SP one it's a WiP.

Rainbo_CupCak

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, thanks! Also, I was watching Dire's Minefactory reloaded showcase and I basically copied his rancher (kind of) and tried what he said and put the milk into buildcraft tanks. What I'm asking is that if there is anyway to take that milk out and put it in buckets (don't need it just thought it would be a fun thing to do.)

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, thanks! Also, I was watching Dire's Minefactory reloaded showcase and I basically copied his rancher (kind of) and tried what he said and put the milk into buildcraft tanks. What I'm asking is that if there is anyway to take that milk out and put it in buckets (don't need it just thought it would be a fun thing to do.)
Pipe the milk into a TE3 liquid transposer that you have a steady stock of buckets going into. Make sure to configure the input and output sides.

Rainbo_CupCak

Jul 29, 2019
Forgecraft is a test server for a group of mod developers, so you see a lot of stuff that is still in development in DW20's SMP series. When it hits his single player series, you will know it has been added to the pack. So the ender quarry is in the coming soon-ish phase. Looks like it is going to be a nice alternative to the BC quarry, as long as you don't want the hole to build your base in.

Well, I knew it was on the forgecraft server and if you saw my edit I knew that it is not in the DW20 Pack (yet.) However I'm pretty sure that I did not know that it was a mod developer test server (pretty sure I didn't know.) Also thanks for the news that makes me assume that it is not on any of the packs. I might of known that it wasn't in any of the packs, but I can't remember if I know or not. Thanks!