I need a server

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hi529

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i looked on the forums and see no section for looking for a server (besides the server section which does not have what i'm looking for) so i'll ask here. I need an FTB departed private server to do a "race for the ____" sort of challenge, where I set a certain item or group of items and we race to obtain it. But I have no idea where to look for one! Please move this if this isn't the appropriate section. I prefer a private server, like I said. I would create the server myself, but i have no money to buy one and whenever I try to create one, only I can join. I do have a second computer but FTB Departed lags too badly on it. Sorry for the huge block of text but i need a server. IGN for whitelist and identification: elementgermanium or hi529 (I have multiple accounts)

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i looked on the forums and see no section for looking for a server (besides the server section which does not have what i'm looking for) so i'll ask here. I need an FTB departed private server to do a "race for the ____" sort of challenge, where I set a certain item or group of items and we race to obtain it. But I have no idea where to look for one! Please move this if this isn't the appropriate section. I prefer a private server, like I said. I would create the server myself, but i have no money to buy one and whenever I try to create one, only I can join. I do have a second computer but FTB Departed lags too badly on it. Sorry for the huge block of text but i need a server. IGN for whitelist and identification: elementgermanium or hi529 (I have multiple accounts)
Just simply asking for a server won't get you one. Plain and simple.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Just simply asking for a server won't get you one. Plain and simple.

^This. You will either have to build your own server and connect it to the Internet or rent one from a server company such as Creeperhost or Mojang Realms (Realms may be Vanilla MC only).

Reactions: mattp_12

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
^This. You will either have to build your own server and connect it to the Internet or rent one from a server company such as Creeperhost or Mojang Realms (Realms may be Vanilla MC only).
Realms is vanilla only. (And 1.8 and up only)

hi529

Jul 29, 2019
I just said i couldn't do either! Maybe read the whole thread before criticizing me! If you can't help me beyond recommending doing things I JUST SAID I couldn't do, then why post?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Pushy arent we lol... Especially considering what you are asking for.
Usually when you are looking for a server it helps to state where you are based.
I used to run a server, so if I wanted to sink the capital in to running one again I'd want to know where you are based. As I am Australian any local server I would run would perform like shit for an American due to long distance lag. (Think 600 ms being your quickest speed. ).
More details are needed.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I just said i couldn't do either! Maybe read the whole thread before criticizing me! If you can't help me beyond recommending doing things I JUST SAID I couldn't do, then why post?

So you expect someone to buy you a computer, expend the effort to configure it and keep it running, pay the monthly fee for internet access and foot the utility bill for electricity?

See my prior reply.

Or put up a Kickstart to get money from strangers to fund you... Good luck with that.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
If you don't think the thread deserves attention, don't reply to it.

@hi529 bumping threads is not permitted, if you do it again I'll lock the thread.

Reactions: Padfoote