I miss Mekanism!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Siigari

Aug 27, 2013
Portland, Oregon
FTB is the only place not to give it love.
Hey, why aren't FTB team going to put Mek in?

Also, to others, I choose not to use the digital miner. It's really sweet, granted, but it requires a lot of management (probably worth the trouble to get EXACTLY what you need) and I'd rather not God-mode ores like that. On the other hand, the Quarry does basically the same thing, except for it leaves big holes behind. Ender Quarry notwithstanding.

Skvapter

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I ever had against Mekanism is the easy power generation, when I say easy, I mean easy. I remember the days when you could get like, what, 30 windmills and put them at like Y=240 and connect them to a tesseract for all your powering needs? But yeah, depends on how you like things I guess, I like to test my abilities when it comes to tackling a challenge such as creating power.

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
this thread confuses me

why not just add it yourself?
When you want to play with other people alerting the modpack often isn't a choice so you have to live with what the FTB team offers you. Generally I like their design choices which is why I'm sticking with FTB. Most of the ATLauncher packs have a little too much of everything for my taste, but the FTB packs are sometimes missing a bit of novelty mods like mekanism or rotarycraft could offer.
Btw, the powergen is its own module so you can easily have an untweaked mekanism without the op generators. The digital miner would still be in, but so are quarries and no one complain about them

Reactions: RedBoss

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I added Mek to Infinity myself.

The most joyous bit being that Infinity has ExtraTIC in by default so I can chuck osmium in the smeltery. Not having to break my early game routine is a comforting thing.

Not quite sure what my rationale for using Mek on this playthrough is since I have Reika's mods at the core of my plan again so the hugely involved Mek ore progression is a bit obsolete, as is the power generation (once one gets out of the early game).

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all o/

I have been playing on a few FTB Infinity servers and I must confess that I really miss Mekanism. I dunno if it's because of the technical look or if it's the progression system. Infinity seems to be missing some core elements that older FTB packs have had. There are also some neat new mods such as BC Additions that enhance the enjoyment of the upward grind.

I know Mek was really only in TPPI and some other third-party offshoots, but when can we see some new mods in FTB?

Thanks!

typed using my on-screen keyboard because of kitten on lap :3
Last time I checked Mekanism is in Let it End :rolleyes: