I know nothing about computers & need help! (FTB failed to launch)

Deadlocked212

Jul 29, 2019
AnalyticsBackgroundThread started
FTBLaunch starting up (version 1.3.2)
Java version: 1.7.0_25
Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7
Java specification: Java Virtual Machine Specification version: 1.7 by Oracle Corporation
Java vm: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM version: 23.25-b01 by Oracle Corporation
[i18n] Checking for updates ...
[i18n] enUS English language file loaded!
[i18n] remoteVer = 10
[i18n] localVer = 10
[i18n] Files are up to date
[i18n] Fallback enUS loaded
The FTB Launcher has found the following Java versions installed:
Java Version: 1.7.0_25 sorted as: 1.7.0_25 32 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
Java Version: 1.7.0_25 sorted as: 1.7.0_25 32 Bit Java at : C:\WINDOWS\system32\java.exe
FTB Launcher Prefers: Java Version: 1.7.0_25 sorted as: 1.7.0_25 32 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
[i18n] Added 0 enUS to options pane
[i18n] Added 1 cyGB to options pane
[i18n] Added 2 daDK to options pane
[i18n] Added 3 deDE to options pane
[i18n] Added 4 esES to options pane
[i18n] Added 5 frFR to options pane
[i18n] Added 6 itIT to options pane
[i18n] Added 7 maHU to options pane
[i18n] Added 8 nlNL to options pane
[i18n] Added 9 ptBR to options pane
[i18n] Added 10 ptPT to options pane
[i18n] Added 11 ruRU to options pane
[i18n] Added 12 svSE to options pane
[i18n] enUS English language file loaded!
Loading modpack information for modpacks.xml...
Adding pack 1
Adding pack 2
Failed to save settings: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\ftblauncher\ftblaunch.cfg (The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)
Adding pack 3
Failed to save settings: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\ftblauncher\ftblaunch.cfg (The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)
Adding pack 4
Adding pack 5
Adding pack 6
Adding pack 7
Adding pack 8
Adding pack 9
Adding pack 10
Adding pack 11
Adding pack 12
Adding pack 13
Adding pack 14
Adding pack 15
Adding pack 16
Adding pack 17
Adding pack 18
Adding pack 19
Adding pack 20
Adding pack 21
Adding pack 22
Adding pack 23
Adding pack 24
Adding pack 25
Adding pack 26
Adding pack 27
Adding pack 28
Adding pack 29
loading map information...
loading texture pack information...
Adding map 1
Adding texture pack 1
Adding map 2
Adding texture pack 2
Adding map 3
Adding texture pack 3
Adding map 4
Adding texture pack 4
Adding map 5
Adding map 6
Adding map 7
Adding map 8
Adding map 9
Adding map 10
Adding map 11
Logging in...
IOException, minecraft servers might be down. Check @ help.mojang.com
Login failed:

Deadlocked212

Jul 29, 2019
How do I do that? Like I said I know nothing about computers, but I'm trying...[DOUBLEPOST=1387822177][/DOUBLEPOST]& thanks alot btw for the speedy reply!

Deadlocked212

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I figured out how to disable my AVG 2012 protection, but it's still not working? It says the MC servers might be down, login failed, do you want to play offline? I clicked "Yes" & it won't launch offline. I just played offline 2 days ago & haven't changed up anything that I know of since then. Why don't you use antivirus software?

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
The issue is that something else is messing with the config file, so it can't write to it, so it isn't related to being online or offline. AVG may still be monitoring files or something even when disabled; here's a guide to how to add an exception avg.com/ww-en/faq.num-5187 Add the entire ftb folder (C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\ftblauncher\). You can also try deleting that folder, this will delete all settings though. I don't use an antivirus because it slows down your computer and internet, even if very little, and the only time I've gotten a virus was something like 7 years ago.

Reactions: Deadlocked212

Deadlocked212

Jul 29, 2019
It didn't work :/ Is there any other things I should look for? I'm not sure if these two problems I have are related, but I can't use Chrome anymore because whenever I use the search bar it says "Cannot connect to the real www.google.com." Disabling my virus protection doesn't work, so I don't know what to do.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Your antivirus is doing something funky then, someone else may know more about this. You could also try asking avg.

Deadlocked212

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I found the problem & it was actually pretty simple too. The date on my computer was somehow changed to December 2014, so my browsers kept saying that websites verification certificate was outdated and Java was outdated. Thank you so much for the help though, I appreciate getting some feedback.