I have a really good PC, but still lagging on FTB Infinity?

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

bajansam

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
I have a really good PC, but still lagging on FTB Infinity?
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
FTB Infinity
Modpack Version:
Latest
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I have an i7-5960x, 64GB of RAM, and 2x GTX 980's, so i shouldnt be lagging on any game really. How come i am on FTB? I tried increasing and decreasing the allocated RAM, closing all other programs etc.

Can anyone help?

Ganjalf_The_Green

Jul 29, 2019
Try to check "Use optimization arguments for fast computers" in Options or try this arguments:

-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M -XX:permSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

I have pc similar to yours and I dedicate 2 gigas of ram for infinity and I have no lag at all ( but I'm on gnu/linux not windows ) but I had to turn all desktop eyecandies off ( the fancy simil-aero and all gui shadows and fancy stuff ).
The arguments above are the ones I use to play infinity (on server not single).