I got a trick question :)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

How much RF is this magma curcible running on?

• 320 RF

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • 240 RF

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • 160RF

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • 80RF

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • 0RF

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like three.

RF is very easy to understand compared to most other energy systems. Energy is generated by dynamos and transmitted by conduits. There are three tiers of conduit (leadstone, hardened, redstone) which differ by how much RF they can transfer per connection. Energy is stored in energy cells which have four tiers.
Thanks, helped a bit! :)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like three.

RF is very easy to understand compared to most other energy systems. Energy is generated by dynamos and transmitted by conduits. There are three tiers of conduit (leadstone, hardened, redstone) which differ by how much RF they can transfer per connection. Energy is stored in energy cells which have four tiers.
RF transmission is easy to understand. Generation is honestly more complex if we're talking just TE dynamos then most systems.(except for IC2 Nuclear Reactors which are weird as hell anyway)

Reactions: RealSketch

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
RF transmission is easy to understand. Generation is honestly more complex if we're talking just TE dynamos then most systems.(except for IC2 Nuclear Reactors which are weird as hell anyway)
I don't think it is, apart from reactant dynamos maybe.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Currenty the amount of energy the crucible is taking is both 80RF/t, 160RF/t, and 240RF/t (gonna go quantum on ya for this one.)

All four dynamos are active outputing 320RF/t . The energy cell has one visible input giving us at least 80RF/t. The other two sides that we cannot see might not be activated or be set to output so we cannot guarantee that the energy cell is receiving a constant 240 or even 160RF/t.

We can also only see two plausible outputs and two plausible inputs for the energy cell to the crucible. The other output on the energy cell and input on the crucible cannot confirm that they are actually transferring energy. This limits gives an input of 160RF/t or 240RF/t.

Due to the inability to see outputs and inputs, there cannot be a confirmation of which sides are transferring power giving us three valid answers while two answers are impossible.

However, if the textures on the dynamos/crucible have been edited, then the answer can be 0RF/t as well.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Currenty the amount of energy the crucible is taking is both 80RF/t, 160RF/t, and 240RF/t (gonna go quantum on ya for this one.)

All four dynamos are active outputing 320RF/t . The energy cell has one visible input giving us at least 80RF/t. The other two sides that we cannot see might not be activated or be set to output so we cannot guarantee that the energy cell is receiving a constant 240 or even 160RF/t.

We can also only see two plausible outputs and two plausible inputs for the energy cell to the crucible. The other output on the energy cell and input on the crucible cannot confirm that they are actually transferring energy. This limits gives an input of 160RF/t or 240RF/t.

Due to the inability to see outputs and inputs, there cannot be a confirmation of which sides are transferring power giving us three valid answers while two answers are impossible.

However, if the textures on the dynamos/crucible have been edited, then the answer can be 0RF/t as well.
Is this what people called, Schrödinger's cat?

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Is this what people called, Schrödinger's cat?

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk
As someone who gets into constant fights with my father over Schrödinger's cat and Schrödinger's intent with the cat thought experiment, sorta, not really. The whole point of Schrödinger's cat is a superposition of states. Where the cat is both alive and dead until we check. Schrödinger was right in his point that it's a stupid idea. But not quite how my dad points out. Schrödinger apparently came up with the Schrödinger's cat hypothesis as a slightly subtle attempt to show how stupid quantum mechanics were. He fucked up in this goal. Both with his whole "The Cat is both alive and dead because we can not perceive what has happened, thus it is in a superposition of states of being both alive AND dead" and showing that Quantum Mechanics are quackery. First, the cat isn't both alive or dead, as a reminder, it has to be in one state or the other, as zombies are not a thing according to people who have working brains. But the important bit here is that just because WE can't see the cat as being alive or dead, why does that mean it has to be both? Further experiments show that if data was recorded in any way shape or form, the result will match the results shown. This is why the Twin Slits Experiment is weird as shit; unless we have proof what happened, all results happened.
Thus Quantum Forks when given a choice to turn left or turn right do both and the rest of us hold our heads and weep.

But the important thing is that memory is a way of recording results. Not a very effective one, but one that works none the less. And if the cat in the box can remember if it is alive, so can the Universe, and if it can't, that would be because the cat is dead(or braindead). It can only enter this "Superposition" one way; if we did not see it die. Cut the cat out of the experiment and it's easier; did the element decay? We can not know until we check, thus the decay state of the element is in a TRUE Superposition here, as it can not be recorded of it's own volition. And if we open the box and release all that deadly gas, we die, and if no one recorded this in any way, it re-enters said Superposition until date can be shown to indicate it's decay or lack thereof.
I don't think it is, apart from reactant dynamos maybe.
Yeah, that's pretty much the jist of it, except there is one other one that is somewhat complicated as well. The one with two liquids is sorta complicated as well, but perhaps not so much as the reactant dynamo. Steam Dynamos are easy to understand, add fuel and water, get RF, magmatic dynamos as well, add lava, get RF. The one that takes liquid fuels isn't super hard, IIRC, as the coolant doesn't effect the RF output but merely lasts longer if it's better, and then there is the Reactant Dynamo what makes my head hurt a bit. Two fuels, one solid, one liquid, bunch of choices in TE3 alone, and RF has to be figured out from each one.

Unless I failed to understand it at all and if the solid reactant isn't factored into RF output but rather some last longer. In which case, yeah, never mind, even that's easy to explain.

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Per connection, everything in TE is per connection. I think that is part of the trick.
Exactly, and there's three connections on the crucible and two (possibly three, can't see the back) outputting on the cell.

Winning combo :) It is indeed 240RF/t

@Democretes Has a good answer aswell. Altough I didnt need to go the trickery route. As we can see from the poll, there is enough misunderstanding as is. Heck, even Direwolf20 has it wrong and he did a spotlight the masses will watch.

Then there is also the philosophical answer: I misspelled Crucible, therefor what is a curcible? Can it even run on RF? Therefor all answers might be correct.

Reactions: Padfoote

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Unless I failed to understand it at all and if the solid reactant isn't factored into RF output but rather some last longer. In which case, yeah, never mind, even that's easy to explain.
That is it, all dynamos output 80RF/t (unless they've throttled down due to lack of demand). The fuel used only ever affects how long the fuel lasts.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
My thought was that most of the machines only draw up to 80 RF/t (I couldn't remember specifically about the magma crucible), so that it might have been irrelevant whether leadstone transmission was per connection or absolute.