I got a trick question :)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

How much RF is this magma curcible running on?

• 320 RF

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • 240 RF

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • 160RF

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • 80RF

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • 0RF

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
WdfuTBq.png

So I saw Direwolf20 did a spotlight on Thermal Expansion 3. Going by that, this poll might have some very interesting results :D

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Please don't bump threads. It's annoying. Image isn't loading quick enough for me to have much else to say, so I'm going to put on my tinfoil hat and say 0 RF/t(then promptly take it off because it's a shitty hat anyway).

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
I voted 160 by accident, should be 240.

EDIT: Of course, this is assuming the cell is set to allow 80RF/t in and out.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Appears to be fine. There's just a break between lava inputs due to the crucible needing time to process.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
0RF as the fluiducts are connected but not pulling out of the magma crucible.
Read the thread much? People have already explained it's not pulling lava likely due to it not having lava TO pull yet, due to the crucible needing time. I voted 0RF because I can't see the picture and thus can not agree that there is even a magma crucible making lava ATM.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Read the thread much? People have already explained it's not pulling lava likely due to it not having lava TO pull yet, due to the crucible needing time. I voted 0RF because I can't see the picture and thus can not agree that there is even a magma crucible making lava ATM.
Not that. There is not a red arrow coming out of the magma crucible, PLUS there isn't a redstone signal in order to pull out of the magma crucible. It will fill its inner inventory and finish.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Not that. There is not a red arrow coming out of the magma crucible, PLUS there isn't a redstone signal in order to pull out of the magma crucible. It will fill its inner inventory and finish.
You're forgetting that TE3 machines autoeject if configured to do so. So it doesn't need either of the things you mentioned.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I can't see the image and I can still tell you that you are wrong. Pipes only need the arrow if the device can't auto-output(and same with redstone control on the pipe), and as a reminder, TE3 is BUILT around auto-outputing machines.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I can't see the image and I can still tell you that you are wrong. Pipes only need the arrow if the device can't auto-output(and same with redstone control on the pipe), and as a reminder, TE3 is BUILT around auto-outputing machines.
Sorry, I deal a lot more with chests. I am sorry, I don't really pay attention as I give my fluiducts power all the time. Now I have a lot of extra levers.
You're forgetting that TE3 machines autoeject if configured to do so. So it doesn't need either of the things you mentioned.
Same with you. Sorry.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
the thing that I just don't get is... why are there several conduit connection to the enery cell and crucible? is there a point for that?
that makes me wonder... if a cell can output 80RF, is that 80RF in total, or per connection?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Per connection, everything in TE is per connection. I think that is part of the trick.

Exactly, and there's three connections on the crucible and two (possibly three, can't see the back) outputting on the cell.

Reactions: Skyqula

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly, and there's three connections on the crucible and two (possibly three, can't see the back) outputting on the cell.
NOOO!
He's getting technical...
Sorry, had to do it, anyway, I can't say as my speciality is EU. I don't understand MJ or RF at all.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Looks like three.
NOOO!
He's getting technical...
Sorry, had to do it, anyway, I can't say as my speciality is EU. I don't understand MJ or RF at all.
RF is very easy to understand compared to most other energy systems. Energy is generated by dynamos and transmitted by conduits. There are three tiers of conduit (leadstone, hardened, redstone) which differ by how much RF they can transfer per connection. Energy is stored in energy cells which have four tiers.