I give up - cannot launch FTB

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

jasonmicron

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
I give up - cannot launch FTB
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Infinity
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Unhandled exception in Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main]: java.lang.NullPointerException

This error prevents launching FTB. I have removed FTB completely, reinstalled. I have uninstalled Java 64-bit, reinstalled. My configuration points to the 64-bit version of Java.

I have deleted *all* of my FTB data and folder to ensure a clean install, yet I still receive this same error.

Windows 10.

I don't know what else to do.

jasonmicron

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting - direwolf20 works fine. And again, I deleted and completely reinstalled FTB and all of my saves (backed up elsewhere of course, but I was trying with a fresh install of Infinity).

Edit - to clarify, my saves were *not* part of the reinstall. I planned on just making a new world to test. Saves were not involved with Infinity.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Are you sure? Because the log says "OS: Windows 8.1 6.3 (64-bit)"
Known bug in java. Will be fixed in java 8u60 iirc.

But like I said, it's only Infinity that has the problem as far as I can tell. Direwolf's pack works fine.
Please, post a full log: In the launcher's options tab, check the boxes "Show Console" and "Reopen launcher when Minecraft exits". Then launch your pack again and when the crash/error/other problem occurs, click the "upload log" button in console window and give us the link.

jasonmicron

Jul 29, 2019
Sure, here:

http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/b1cbf245
2nd time, after closing out FTB and picking Infinity again (CTRL+ALT+DEL, closing all FTB, Minecraft and Java processes):
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/f6acd7f9

Though, strange, this time I didn't get the immediate error I initially reported. This time, a lot of stuff flashed by, though it still didn't launch. That was for Infinity. I was dumped back to the FTB launcher.

Yet again though, Direwolf launched fine, game loads, all works fine:
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/32788f72
(note - I captured the direwolf log halfway through launch - it was already much farther through the process)
Here is another launch of Direwolf, this time from a clean launch where Direwolf is the first pack I select, and it works:
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/576d8935

Last edited:

jasonmicron

Jul 29, 2019
Oh - and thanks for taking the time to look at it. We all have day jobs, and I know this isn't a full time thing. Hopefully this isn't something debilitating, and hopefully it's just maybe something on my end.

Appreciate all that you all do, I know it's your free time. Not the end of the world on my end either, just reporting my experience!

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Check your antivirus and consider white listing ftb installation location. Also do force uodate for infinity: On the launcher go to options then click the force update button, then launch the modpack.

Cristian Diaconu

Jul 29, 2019
Got the same error on infinity and dw20 in the begining(windows 10). Reinstalled java 8, didn't work. Replaced java 8 with java 7- didn't work. Deleted all my ftb files and now i get "Minecraft authentication servers might be down. Check @ help.mojang.com". But all servers fine. I turned off firewall-no change. Now i still keep getting "Minecraft authentication servers might be down. Check @ help.mojang.com". Also, should i make a different thread? Thanks

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Got the same error on infinity and dw20 in the begining(windows 10). Reinstalled java 8, didn't work. Replaced java 8 with java 7- didn't work. Deleted all my ftb files and now i get "Minecraft authentication servers might be down. Check @ help.mojang.com". But all servers fine. I turned off firewall-no change. Now i still keep getting "Minecraft authentication servers might be down. Check @ help.mojang.com". Also, should i make a different thread? Thanks

Make your own thread.