I found some gigantic oak trees. How do I grow more of them?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zaerop

Jul 29, 2019
How do they appear? Whenever I destroy some leaves i just get regular saplings. How do I make more of these super gigantic trees?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I hit two of them with a lumber axe this morning, leaves still haven't decayed. I even set some fires here and there to speed the process, still leaves. Probably one block of wood somewhere in that mass the axe missed.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone Arsenal's Sickle on Flux mode. One swing harvest a 9x9 field if you swing at the center block.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Biomes o Plenty and Tinkers Construct both add scythes. I think TiC's have better range. It's easy to forget just how useful they can be until you bother to make one.
The Redstone Arsenal Fluxed Sickle is imo better than either of those it clears a stupidly large area when in flux mode.
From the description it would be a sacred oak from BoP I do have one sapling but I believe you need 4 to get one to grow.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Just what I want to do, swing a scythe on a 30 tall stack of scaffolding. I think maybe a pyrotheum florb is more my speed.