I didn't think this was possible

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RandomMoped

Popular Member
Nov 17, 2012
Somewhere on the internet
So I hopped in my creative test world and decided to mess around with some TConstruct stuff, and I figured out that this was possible
WipLSvq.png

It used a bit of obsidian and paper, and it doesn't mine horribly slow because it has a cobalt head.

Reactions: Saice and Lawbroken

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
what is the actual parts used. Hammer has 1 rod 1 head and 2 plates. What is what on this?

If I had to guess it looks like obsiian rod Cobalt head and paper plates.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I might have to test. I think it is the combining of a rod and head with high reinforced traits.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
It's literally unbreakable, and yeah it's a cobalt head, paper plates, obsidan rod, and full obsidian plates

Oh so you used up all the mod slots with more Obisidan plates then? Did you also use the two bonus slots from using gold block + diamond and a nether star?

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Oh so you used up all the mod slots with more Obisidan plates then? Did you also use the two bonus slots from using gold block + diamond and a nether star?

Yes you need a star and diamond+gold block to get unbreakable
(just done it then)

more info
jpqbJb6.png

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
So, is Unbreakable simply from having enough Reinforced modifiers?

Yeah, apparently you get unbreaking when you have reinforced 10.[DOUBLEPOST=1375823407][/DOUBLEPOST]So I played around with this a little, and if you replace one of the paper plates with a thaumium plate, you get a slight speed boost.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Managed to get an 8.33 Mining Speed by using:

• Cobalt Plate
  • Obsidian Hammer Head
  • Thaumium Plate
  • Paper Tough Tool Rod

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
haha it's cute you can stack reinforced to 10 like that and it actually calls it unbreakable. :D For those who don't know, for every level of reinforced there is an extra 10% chance to ignore the durability cost per block broken.

Rhodan

Jul 29, 2019
you default get 11 mining speed for having a cobalt head

That's only for pickaxes and basic tools. The hammer seems to take the average mining speed of the materials used in the head and both plates. A cobalt hammer head and paper plates gave me a mining speed of 5, for example. The other advanced tools probably use a similar method, but testing is required to see which parts contribute to which "stat".

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So you just need to get to Reinforced 10.... hmmm... I might have to poke around a bit and see if I can make something unbreakable and have a mod left over.

Reactions: Lawbroken

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
So you just need to get to Reinforced 10.... hmmm... I might have to poke around a bit and see if I can make something unbreakable and have a mod left over.

Three paper parts and one obsidian part on a T2 tool might do the trick.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
haha it's cute you can stack reinforced to 10 like that and it actually calls it unbreakable. :D For those who don't know, for every level of reinforced there is an extra 10% chance to ignore the durability cost per block broken.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

THAT'S how it works.
I've been wondering that from day 1 with tinkers construct.