I did bee math! (Now with more usability!)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

CaseyRobinson

Jul 29, 2019
I spot checked a couple of the queens before posting, and they were fastest speed. I think most of them were made by cloning the line so they should all be the same, but it is possible that I screwed that up. I'll check them all when I get home tonight. And that they have/get frames, because your right, if that assumption is not valid the whole thing falls apart.

My other theory, that's founded on nothing but random speculation and a vague memory of a post I maybe saw one time, is that frame housings use up frames quicker than apiaries. But if that was the case it would be mentioned somewhere.

CaseyRobinson

Jul 29, 2019
So it looks like untreated frames last 16 bee-ticks in frame housings. Which would explain why the math doesn't come out like I thought it would.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Milaha, thanks for putting all this info together into a very useful tool.

Might you/or anyone be inclined to answer a question regarding lifespan? I thought I could build an alveary construct to emulate the effect of the oblivion frame (reduce lifespan to a single bee tick) and also avoid producing swarmers. Reviewed the maths concerned and determined I could use 6 frame housings using chocolate frames and avoid swarmers. This should reduce bee lifespan to 1/64th of normal. Tested using bees with short lifespan (20 bee ticks). If my maths are correct, 1/64th of 20 is less than one, thus a short lifespan queen in an alveary with 6 chocolate frames should only live 27.5 seconds.

However, in testing, these queens are living roughly 410 seconds or 15 bee ticks? Am I doing something wrong or what isn't being applied?

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Milaha, thanks for putting all this info together into a very useful tool.

Might you/or anyone be inclined to answer a question regarding lifespan? I thought I could build an alveary construct to emulate the effect of the oblivion frame (reduce lifespan to a single bee tick) and also avoid producing swarmers. Reviewed the maths concerned and determined I could use 6 frame housings using chocolate frames and avoid swarmers. This should reduce bee lifespan to 1/64th of normal. Tested using bees with short lifespan (20 bee ticks). If my maths are correct, 1/64th of 20 is less than one, thus a short lifespan queen in an alveary with 6 chocolate frames should only live 27.5 seconds.

However, in testing, these queens are living roughly 410 seconds or 15 bee ticks? Am I doing something wrong or what isn't being applied?
Chocolate frames won't reduce the lifespan of your bees below a certain threshold in the MC 1.5.2 versions, no matter how many you use. Use a bunch of necrotic frames, and all is well. 3 are enough for everything up to and including shortened lifespan. For everything above that you need 4 frames.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, good to know. Harder to produce necrotic frames en-masse. But why isn't a single chocolate frame reducing life by 1/2, or is this part of the change you mentioned? Also, any idea where I can get ahold of some of some documentation?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, not so hard to mass produce Magic Bees' frames! Didn't realize there was a recipe that didn't require the Infusion Altar for necrotic frames.