I curse thee... Endermen!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Hi All,

I'm following DireWolf20 on his Season 6 video channel on You Tube, so I'm running DW20 1.0.8 on MC 1.6.4.

So far all good, except.. Endermen! I think i've spent about 6 hours fruitlessly roaming various biomes looking for these elusive creatures. I have adopted the 'stand on a stack of 3 stone' tactic and managed to kill a few of them with my Cobalt sword with lapis on it. So far just one Ender pearl, which allowed me to get my Transfer Node working at least.

They do seem to drop potatoes though, which are yummy :)

Obviously i'm doing it wrong.. is there a biome that these creatures prefer? I generated the world with Biome's O Plenty.

Am i better off going underground or into caves? Do they hang out in the Nether? I have been mainly hanging out in the nearby desert Biome but it seems to be full of rampaging hordes of Zombies, baby zombies, spider, skeletons and a whole host of other nasties lol.

I now have two Zombie Trophies and about 300 Zombie brains, mountains of bones and piles of wrecked armour from all the dead denizens of the overworld that I slay every night.

Does anyone have any EnderMen hunting tips? I really need to get some EnderPearls and I refuse to make myself an OP and cheat myself EnderPearls. I think the zombies are getting sick of being slaughtered.

Thanks!

Update.. I built a large room deep under my base... and pit a shaft in the middle that falls to a grinder... so far all it's found is the odd zombie.. but no kidding... when i got back to my base there was an ender pearl in the crate that the grinder sends items to!

I have a couple of conveyor belts around the top of the shaft that will drag the hapless mob into the pit! I can't believe it caught an enderman whilst I was fruitlessly running around outside ROFL.

Last edited:

FryoKnight

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I personally play on the 1.5.2 Unleashed pack, and I have noticed that Enderman tend to prefer flat areas to spawn in compared to more hilly terrain. I suggest looking more in Plains-like and Desert-like biomes, though looking underground can help sometimes.

And if it is just Enderpearls you are looking for, you could always try using a Minium Stone (if EE3 is in the pack, haven't got around to playing with the 1.6.4 packs yet). But if you put 4 Iron Ingots and a Minium Stone in the crafting grid, you'll get a Enderpearl, and the Minium Stone will only take a single durability point in exchange, if all is the same.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Ominous Woods biomes are preferred but for ender pearls I just use ender lilies (seeds in dungeon loot, very very rarely from the grown plant and they grow faster on endstone which is around hives down low in magical biomes, Magical Woods\Cherry Blossom Grove\Mystic Grove\Ominous Woods are the ones I know of there are others). The bulk of my ender pearls however have come from a cursed earth spawner, 15X16 with drawbridges to control on\off, also to clear the mobs so more can spawn and conveyors to move the mobs to the MFR grinders. I have over 1k ender pearls and haven't been to the end yet.

Reactions: RedBoss

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
In Unleashed, Endermen aren't a problem to find. In Direwolf for 1.6.4, I'd go with the ender lillies - even without endstone you'll be much better off in the early game.