Problem I cant install plugins|DW20|McMyAdmin

Afitz200

Jul 29, 2019
Info: Dw20 modpack server from FTB launcher
Info: Default server, the one we download from the website
This is the problem
Ive been trying to install plugins on our server for quite a time now
I cant use MCPC plus because McMyAdmin will just say invalid jar, This is the same when i set ForgeMod (and rename mcpc to ForgeMod) and start the server or if i just select MCPC as the server type
Ive tried several times now but no matter what i do i cant seem to get it to start
I used multiple Jar versions
Then i tried using BukkitForge I install it correctly like told to.. then it just starts up and shuts off, and keeps trying to start, so i disabled that..

Any ideas?
I would prefer to us MCPC but McMyAdmin wont allow it, any work around this?
THANK YOU FTB FORUMS
<3

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
I just select feedthebeast server type and name the mcpc to FTB-Beta-A.jar and it works fine for me.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Well, that means it is probably corrupt, try downloading mcpc again. you can probably just use wget and download it straight to the server.

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
If you are using McMyAdmin, then chances are that you are paying for a managed Minecraft server. Therefore your host is obligated to help you setup your server, open a support ticket and see if they will install MCPC+ with some plugins for you.

It seems like McMyAdmin is hashing the MCPC jar and realising that this is not the jar it is expecting. There may be a way to configure MCMyAdmin to stop it from hashing the jar.

Last edited:

Solice2o0

Jul 29, 2019
When using McMyAdmin, you need to rename the MCPC+ jar to mcpc-plus.jar, and from the server settings select MCPC+. There you go, problem solved.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
When using McMyAdmin, you need to rename the MCPC+ jar to mcpc-plus.jar, and from the server settings select MCPC+. There you go, problem solved.
The mode McMyAdmin uses to run in (ftb, mcpc, etc,) is just to find the name of the file. Naming it FTB-Beta-A.jar and selecting feedthebeast mode will run mcpc. I do that myself.

Solice2o0

Jul 29, 2019
They must've updated McMyAdmin then, cause when I did it, I had to do it the way I specified.

Mongol_

Jul 29, 2019
The mode McMyAdmin uses to run in (ftb, mcpc, etc,) is just to find the name of the file. Naming it FTB-Beta-A.jar and selecting feedthebeast mode will run mcpc. I do that myself.

I tried this as well, but how will it know to run a FTB server, if I'm actually executing mcpc-plus.jar? I can't find any config for this...

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
I tried this as well, but how will it know to run a FTB server, if I'm actually executing mcpc-plus.jar? I can't find any config for this...
Well the old file was called FTb-Beta-A.jar naming mcpc that and deleteing the old one would make mcpc the right file for it to start. Feedthebeast mode in MCMA checks for and starts the FTB-Beta-A.jar in all mcma2 versions not sure about 1 or the upcoming 3. And mcpc is a server jar once you start it the bukkit/spigot.yml will generate in the main minecraft folder.

Mongol_

Jul 29, 2019
Well the old file was called FTb-Beta-A.jar naming mcpc that and deleteing the old one would make mcpc the right file for it to start. Feedthebeast mode in MCMA checks for and starts the FTB-Beta-A.jar in all mcma2 versions not sure about 1 or the upcoming 3. And mcpc is a server jar once you start it the bukkit/spigot.yml will generate in the main minecraft folder.

But... the then renamed mcpc-plus.jar, now called FTB-Beta-A.jar, wil start, while MCMA is in FTB mode, but how will it start/find the feed the beast .jar. which is now not named FTB-Beta-A.jar anymore because MCPC is? Or is it not necessary anymore then?

Do you understand my confusion?

MCMA start -> FTB.jar (secretly MCPC+) -> FTB where, how ( I'm only a little MCPC jar, I have no idea what FTB is?? )

Last edited:

NEXUS2345

Jul 29, 2019
FTB.jar is basically just another layer that is added on top of the base Minecraft server. This layer consists of only the Forge API and FML. MCPC+ is Forge API and FML combined with Spigot (more efficient Bukkit) in one jar file. That is the only difference.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
But... the then renamed mcpc-plus.jar, now called FTB-Beta-A.jar, wil start, while MCMA is in FTB mode, but how will it start/find the feed the beast .jar. which is now not named FTB-Beta-A.jar anymore because MCPC is? Or is it not necessary anymore then?

Do you understand my confusion?

MCMA start -> FTB.jar (secretly MCPC+) -> FTB where, how ( I'm only a little MCPC jar, I have no idea what FTB is?? )
You don't need the ftbserver jar, mcpc replaces it. All in game things work the same as you still have the mods, mcpc is like spigot. It is a server jar that let's mods and plugins work together replacing the default one.

jmarler

Jul 29, 2019
I am running the DW20 1.5.2 pack on a McMyAdmin 2.4.8.8 server with MCPC+ Legacy build B647 without any problems. I selected "MCPC+" under server settings, uploaded the .jar file, renamed to "mcpc-plus.jar" in the server's base directory and don't have any issues. I am using the following java custom settings in McMyAdmin.conf:

Code:
Java.CustomOpts=-Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal -d64 -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:PermSize=150m -XX:NewSize=114m -XX:SurvivorRatio=1 -XX:CompileThreshold=300 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=0 -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=80 -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=25 -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=21 -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=4 -XX:+AggressiveOpts

I haven't updated it to 2.4.9.1 yet, but past updates haven't caused any issues.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
I am running the DW20 1.5.2 pack on a McMyAdmin 2.4.8.8 server with MCPC+ Legacy build B647 without any problems. I selected "MCPC+" under server settings, uploaded the .jar file, renamed to "mcpc-plus.jar" in the server's base directory and don't have any issues. I am using the following java custom settings in McMyAdmin.conf:

Code:
Java.CustomOpts=-Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal -d64 -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:PermSize=150m -XX:NewSize=114m -XX:SurvivorRatio=1 -XX:CompileThreshold=300 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=0 -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=80 -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=25 -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=21 -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=4 -XX:+AggressiveOpts

I haven't updated it to 2.4.9.1 yet, but past updates haven't caused any issues.

(Sorta off topic alert, skip if you don't want to read anything not about plugins and MCMA.)

Past updates not causing issues... Grrrr

I have grown a pure hatred for McMyAdmin, I just use it for its features.

Reactions: Francis Baster

jmarler

Jul 29, 2019
I have grown a pure hatred for McMyAdmin, I just use it for its features.

I used to run Multicraft, but they never update, have never done any security testing, and their tech support is abysmal. I specifically asked them if I had the correct licensing for the three new VPS servers I was about to buy, and was told yes. I bought them, loaded multicraft, and got nasty grams in email within a few days demanding more money. When I asked what the deal was, they acted as if I was the moron. I'll never run anything production with Multicraft ever again.

I switched to McMyAdmin for our production servers and haven't had any issues at all. Period. I still use the Multicraft license we have on our staging server, but McMyAdmin has been great for us so far. Just my $.02 :D

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
I used to run Multicraft, but they never update, have never done any security testing, and their tech support is abysmal. I specifically asked them if I had the correct licensing for the three new VPS servers I was about to buy, and was told yes. I bought them, loaded multicraft, and got nasty grams in email within a few days demanding more money. When I asked what the deal was, they acted as if I was the moron. I'll never run anything production with Multicraft ever again.

I switched to McMyAdmin for our production servers and haven't had any issues at all. Period. I still use the Multicraft license we have on our staging server, but McMyAdmin has been great for us so far. Just my $.02 :D
Well since it is sharing time, here are my two cents about MCMA.

Had a issue with MCMA crashing, I'm not an idiot it wasn't my server. THREE WEEKS LATER I get info about setting the log level to 0 then message back.... Le sigh

Issue two, when using the exe version with mono it is a pain, only mono version 2.4 seemed to work for me, the version 3 I had installed already I had to uninstall and then install 2.4

Issue three, the annoying disconnects from the web panel, what happens is if you are logged in and another user logs in it logs you out. And I have to re enter my password and log back in every time. Another annoying thing is with the required update they pushed a few weeks ago every 10 seconds to 5 minutes I get logged out even if nobody logs in. I have gone to using the iPad app just to avoid that. And the iPad app crashes everytime I add something to the schedule.

Other than those issues I really like it.

jsimmons

Jul 29, 2019
i have seem to be having this issue also. i downloaded direwolf20 and then used mcpc newest version. and named it mcpc-plus. but insted of selecting mcpc+ from the server type in mcmyadmin select bukkit...... and u will get it to work.. but with one issue. u cant take items form creative mode and u cant press crtl and G or u get end of stream haahah

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
i have seem to be having this issue also. i downloaded direwolf20 and then used mcpc newest version. and named it mcpc-plus. but insted of selecting mcpc+ from the server type in mcmyadmin select bukkit...... and u will get it to work.. but with one issue. u cant take items form creative mode and u cant press crtl and G or u get end of stream haahah
Kinda of an old post, but the end of stream thing isn't from McMyAdmin, MCMA is just a wrapper.