Hurst's Sky Adventures...

H

Hurst_Quayzar

You need more chickens.

LOL... These Chickens are crazy. I need a better setup for them because they are out of hand. And I only have 1 of each type that I have breed so far. Got the Snow Ball and the Clay one tonight.

H

Hurst_Quayzar

Accomplished a couple of things...
2017-02-03_01.20.51.png

Mob Farm with Vector Plates. Not fully automated as of yet. But at least I can kill and collect at the entrance side as long as my pet Wolf stays out of the way. :D
2017-02-03_02.10.57.png

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
LOL... These Chickens are crazy. I need a better setup for them because they are out of hand. And I only have 1 of each type that I have breed so far. Got the Snow Ball and the Clay one tonight.

You're just getting started. I have SO. MANY. CHICKENS. 2 of every single breed except for the metals that I don't care about, like aluminium. Now I'm expanding the chickens that I think are useful...for example, I have 24 10/10/10 Smart Chickens in a dirt factory. I think that episode goes live either tomorrow or Sunday. I have 64 composting barrels all inter-connected with conduit that's exporting from 24 hatching nests, with storage drawers in-between to act as a buffer, producing something like a stack of dirt every 5-10 minutes. It's kinda neat. :D

Reactions: Hurst_Quayzar
H

Hurst_Quayzar

You're just getting started. I have SO. MANY. CHICKENS. 2 of every single breed except for the metals that I don't care about, like aluminium. Now I'm expanding the chickens that I think are useful...for example, I have 24 10/10/10 Smart Chickens in a dirt factory. I think that episode goes live either tomorrow or Sunday. I have 64 composting barrels all inter-connected with conduit that's exporting from 24 hatching nests, with storage drawers in-between to act as a buffer, producing something like a stack of dirt every 5-10 minutes. It's kinda neat. :D
Don't think I am going to get THAT crazy. LOL!

Spent some time last night setting up some lava production in preparation to add power to the place. Only issue so far has been a small fire that erupts between the Cobble Storage Box and the Crucible. Not sure what is causing it yet...
2017-02-04_08.26.46.png

2017-02-04_08.31.24.png

2017-02-04_08.31.51.png

Reactions: JaRyCu
H

Hurst_Quayzar

Speaking of chickens... I had 4 (Level 1; 10/10/10) disappear. Quirky game!
2017-02-04_13.25.52.png

Added some more to my Botania area. Made the "Ring of Magnetism" (Really useful in SF3 IMO) and working towards the "Soujourner's Sash" next.
2017-02-04_18.44.42.png

And lastly... I updated the Mob Farm to be Semi-Automated, killing off the mobs as they spawn and collecting their loots. Installed some Dark Glass for some architectural effect. Does the Auto Mob killing give XP? I tried installing a tank and a Vacuum Hopper (Fluid) but nothing. Still searching the net.
2017-02-04_13.25.07.png

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Mob masher does drop experience. Did you put a bucket of liquid xp in the hopper (guessing you're using the ender io version)

H

Hurst_Quayzar

Mob masher does drop experience. Did you put a bucket of liquid xp in the hopper (guessing you're using the ender io version)
Nice to know about the Mob-Masher, I will have to look into that. And yea, I had 120mB in the tank... And I couldn't get anymore. So I was thinking that with the sticks killing them, no XP was dispersed.

H

Hurst_Quayzar

Okay, so... like it has been awhile. RL really gets in the way sometimes.:mad: Anyways, I was able to get a couple of things done the past couple of nights, nothing big either. The Menril Trees were being quite particular to their surroundings. Seems I can't have another tree within 5 to 6 blocks from it for it to grow. So after some experimenting, I finally got them to come in. THEN I planted the other trees. This will be the home of the farm animals. Speaking of which...I never did get a sheep to spawn...o_O
2017-02-16_20.03.58.png

And just to knock it off the list...
2017-02-16_20.09.35.png

Reactions: Tianyulong
H

Hurst_Quayzar

Wanted to play with Actually Additions a bit and create a storage transfer from the Main Level Mob Farm, to a set of Storage Boxes underneath. I have played with it before (Not in SF3) and wanted to explore it a bit more here in the Sky. well, for some reason, the stars are against me and it doesn't seem to work. EnderIO Item Transfer conduits work, but I wanted some really cool lasers. I have tried numerous variations (top sides bottom) and still... no transfer. Need some brain kickers... What am I doing wrong?
- Small Storage Crate (Item Laser Relay Located on the Bottom)
- Drawer Controller (Item Laser Relay Located on the Top)
2017-02-21_19.05.58.png

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
@Hurst_Quayzar I believe that Item Laser Relays don't actually pull from inventories; my understanding is this:

Item Interfaces are needed to put items into the laser system - so, you have your laser attached to one side of the Interface.

Items can then be pumped into the interface via pipes, hoppers, or AA's own ESD.

These items are set to Output and will flow through the attached laser relay, at which point they travel to the next laser.

If this laser is attached to an inventory, these items will enter that inventory - so in the case of your setup, they should go into the drawer controller and be sorted into wherever they belong :)

H

Hurst_Quayzar

@Hurst_Quayzar I believe that Item Laser Relays don't actually pull from inventories; my understanding is this:

Item Interfaces are needed to put items into the laser system - so, you have your laser attached to one side of the Interface.

Items can then be pumped into the interface via pipes, hoppers, or AA's own ESD.

These items are set to Output and will flow through the attached laser relay, at which point they travel to the next laser.

If this laser is attached to an inventory, these items will enter that inventory - so in the case of your setup, they should go into the drawer controller and be sorted into wherever they belong :)

Thanks... I thought I had played with the item Transfer Lasers, but now I am doubting myself.

Now... I have suffered yet another set back. Seems every time curse updates, something disrupts the game. Had to revert back to an early February save. Had the same issue as before, Showing day 276ish, full inventory and armor and me on top of a tree. I don't get it. Seems to only effect SF3 though.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Thanks... I thought I had played with the item Transfer Lasers, but now I am doubting myself.

Now... I have suffered yet another set back. Seems every time curse updates, something disrupts the game. Had to revert back to an early February save. Had the same issue as before, Showing day 276ish, full inventory and armor and me on top of a tree. I don't get it. Seems to only effect SF3 though.
Oh, that's not fun!

It might be worth checking whether an interface is needed or if you can just do it with a hopper - I am sure that it requires item push though, and that items are not pulled in by the laser.

Reactions: Hurst_Quayzar
H

Hurst_Quayzar

Got myself back to where I was a couple of posts ago. Decided to try a little Mystical Agriculture and grow a few Diamond Plants. I see it takes a TON of Inferium Essence. So I planted a few of those first. Was hoping to use Fertilized Dirt, but it doesn't seem to work with the AA Farmer. The Farmer fails to "hoe" the Fertilized Dirt to plant a seed. So, it's back to regular dirt and Worms. I am collecting the Inferium Essence from the Mobs as well.
2017-03-02_17.49.20.png

2017-03-04_18.06.43.png

H

Hurst_Quayzar

More building today. Need some Nether Quartz, so I needed to automate a bit of Soul Sand.
2017-03-05_13.13.20.png

H

Hurst_Quayzar

Working on a few other things... Looks like I will need to go to the Nether soon.
2017-03-05_18.46.30.png

H

Hurst_Quayzar

So... the need to go to the Nether has been deterred for now. I see I need flight first, so an Angel Ring will be my next item to acquire. After watching @JaRyCu videos, this may be a daunting task. In the mean time, I did happen across the Netherrack recipe and set up a bit of automation for that as well.
2017-03-07_19.21.22.png

Unfortunately, it drained my lava production. Direwolf20's video enlightened me to Fire Water, which I have crafted and replaced the initial lava heat source for my automated lave production. 7x beats 3x any day...
2017-03-07_19.21.42.png

2017-03-07_19.22.00.png

Last edited:
H

Hurst_Quayzar

Needed Diamonds... Actually thought that the Diamond Seeds would be an easy venture... huh. Anyways, after crafting with a ton of Inferium Essence, I have yet to get my first diamond seed, so I went another route.
I was sieving Soul Sand for Quartz. I swapped that to Gravel and replaced the Flint Mesh with a Diamond Mesh. Getting a few diamonds now, but still working towards the diamond seeds.

So after much viewing of YouTube videos, I think I will have another go at using Fertilized Soil for the Mystical Crops. So this morning a Crafted a "Slice-n-Splice" to craft the items I need for a couple of Farming Stations...

2017-03-10_05.24.22.png

Reactions: Tianyulong
H

Hurst_Quayzar

Moved my chickens. I was getting a little tired of constantly feeding the Henhouses Hay and collecting the loot. So, I set this place up for them. I only keep a few that I need resources from. I have several eggs, just in case I get a little low on things.

Ran the Manure over to a barrel to make dirt automatically. Didn't know you could make dirt from Manure (or eggs for that matter) until watching @JaRyCu Videos...

2017-03-10_22.55.36.png

2017-03-10_22.55.56.png

2017-03-10_22.56.14.png

Last edited:
H

Hurst_Quayzar

Lookie what I finally made!
2017-03-14_19.05.55.png

And I also acquired a Brewing Stand from a Loot Bag. Brewing some night vision and ready to hit the Nether... Wish me luck!