Hurst's Sky Adventures...

H

Hurst_Quayzar

So, just for fun... I figured I would try and keep a log up for Sky Factory 3. Plus, It will be a nice break from the DW20 Series that I am doing as well. There are tons of videos out there by some very creative people... So I thought I would give this pack a shot.

From the start, I knew this was going to be a fun, yet frustrating game. I died 3 times during my initial start. Yes, I said 3 times... due to stupidity on my part. Anyway, after getting a bit of work done, I decided I wanted to start over. This time, I would try and keep a log...
2017-01-12_19.12.24.png

I was out of town for business purposes, so alone time is game time right? Created this in about 4.5 hours while somewhat watching Batman vs. Superman...
2017-01-13_22.14.28.png

Reactions: Tianyulong
H

Hurst_Quayzar

Things are shaping up... Kind of going with the book :D. I even acquired a couple of Wolves...
2017-01-14_22.37.47.png

Reactions: JaRyCu
H

Hurst_Quayzar

Tell you what... That water thing to build a lower level is nerve racking! My wolf that got out stands guard at the Mob Pit and jumps up and down every time there is a Mob in there. Couple things freaked me out... like the occasional "Num, Num, Num" voice from out of no where and the Modder Named Mobs that show up on occasion.
2017-01-15_19.33.57.png

H

Hurst_Quayzar

Added a little more last night. Had to move both the Farm and the Animal Area down 4 blocks to make room near the Main Area which may become my Botania Area. Thinking I will replicate the same platforms on each side and moving my animals there... along with some crazy chickens.
2017-01-20_23.39.36.png

2017-01-21_10.48.49.png

Reactions: ICountFrom0
H

Hurst_Quayzar

Today will be limited on gaming. Why? It's nearly 60degF here today (Unusual for Northeastern Ohio) and partly sunny. The road is calling my name...
C2tGK-fXAAAfIvG.jpg

H

Hurst_Quayzar

Expanding my place a bit. Trying to figure out how I want things to be laid out. Unfortunately, I have died a few times due to mobs (inadequate lighting) and stupidity (inattention). However, things are still good. Trying my hand at the Chicken Mod. Trying my best to get a Red Stone Chicken...

2017-01-23_05.03.26.png

H

Hurst_Quayzar

Got both the Sand and Red Chickens to a "Triple 10" and then breed them. After 3 tries... WHALA!
2017-01-23_20.22.15.png

Having some stupidly fun time with this mod! Now, to level a few more...

H

Hurst_Quayzar

Yes, I am traveling AGAIN... so you know what that means!
2017-01-24_19.36.51.png

2017-01-24_19.37.38.png

2017-01-24_19.37.30.png

H

Hurst_Quayzar

What resource pack are you using?

Using both Soartex Fanver & Fanver Modded Universal Texture Packs. I know there is a better one out there that has better sky graphics. It's a Fanver as well, just can't seem to figure out which one it is. Maybe I only need the Modded one? Hmmmm... Has me thinking now.

J

JFischer00

Using both Soartex Fanver & Fanver Modded Universal Texture Packs. I know there is a better one out there that has better sky graphics. It's a Fanver as well, just can't seem to figure out which one it is. Maybe I only need the Modded one? Hmmmm... Has me thinking now.
Alright, thanks.

H

Hurst_Quayzar

Well... Not sure what has happened. Everything is GONE! Day 159 and I am standing on a single Tree with a full freaking inventory of crap I had before. I guess this means I need to start over...

Last edited:
H

Hurst_Quayzar

Crisis averted. I went digging around inside the SF3 Folders and found a past save (4 Hours Earlier). Extracted and loaded… Seems to work.

Last edited:
H

Hurst_Quayzar

After a few issues (deleting and reinstalling the Curse launcher 2x) I think I got it to run better. Sorry @JaRyCu, I dumped the Chat Server as well. Seems running 2 Chats affects my performance as well. So... I spent the day adding a few things around the Base.
2017-02-02_20.24.28.png

And expanding on the other side...
2017-02-02_20.21.07.png

Things to do:
- Smeltery Build.
- Power Set-up.
- Expand and Automate the Mob Farm.