Huge problem with taint :( Help?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
I know. But would have been fun otherwise.
Believe me, I've actually tried that before for the lulz. It sadly disappointed me. But imagine a "Radioactive Taint", which is Taint that, instead of giving you Flux Taint, gives you Radiation Sickness.
OI @Reika!!! I JUST GAVE YOU A NEW IDEA FOR REACTORCRAFT!!!

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I suggest disabling taint spread in the config. The mechanics of the spread and the ways to combat it are severely unbalanced in your disfavor at the moment.

Reactions: RedBoss

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I never had much problem with taint. I just planted lots of silverwood trees between a large tained area and the area I wanted to project and it seemed to have stopped the spread in that direction at least. Maybe I was just lucky.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Can you let loose a bottled pure node and have it clean taint? If so then you could just keep moving it around until you kill all of it. Are there any blocks resistant to taint? I like the way taint biomes look and might want to try and intentionally infect part of my world with it so I can build there.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Can you let loose a bottled pure node and have it clean taint? If so then you could just keep moving it around until you kill all of it. Are there any blocks resistant to taint? I like the way taint biomes look and might want to try and intentionally infect part of my world with it so I can build there.

Pure nodes do not alter biomes or clean taint. the formation of a silvertree with at least one pure node does. Sinister nodes do. You could clean taint by moving a sinister node around. Of course, each time you move it, you have a good chance to downgrade it.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
It would be changed to an eerie biome then, right? Can you weaken a node so much that it just disappears? I wonder if I warded the bottom layer of blocks of my evil taint wizard house if it would prevent it from spreading to the rest? Hmmm.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Good to know but Ive got an ace up my sleeve called Technomancy. Input massive amounts of RF, terraform landscape into magical biome. Poor, poor overworld is about to get Epidemiafied.

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
Good to know but Ive got an ace up my sleeve called Technomancy. Input massive amounts of RF, terraform landscape into magical biome. Poor, poor overworld is about to get Epidemiafied.
The old Technomancy Ecological Transmuter. Always works, and it's always good to use when you've got a bastard player on a server who lives far away and so happens to have a crap ton of RF. Poor fella will find a nice Tainted Land of a house.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Incorrect. Pure nodes of all forms DO transform Tainted Land into Magical Forest biomes.

I think you are right. But wrong at the same time. Now that I think about it:
1. pure nodes, will transform *only* tainted biome, back into its origin biome.
2. Silverwood trees, as grown, will kick off a process that converts the biome around them, into magical biome.
3. Ethereal Blooms are also supposed to revert, NOT convert biome back to its origin biome.
4. Sinister nodes convert the area around them, to eerie biome.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I think you are right. But wrong at the same time. Now that I think about it:
1. pure nodes, will transform *only* tainted biome, back into its origin biome.
2. Silverwood trees, as grown, will kick off a process that converts the biome around them, into magical biome.
3. Ethereal Blooms are also supposed to revert, NOT convert biome back to its origin biome.
4. Sinister nodes convert the area around them, to eerie biome.
1. I thought it also affected eerie biomes, as they are a form of corrupted energies present in the world.
2. Yes, but only if they have at least one pure node inside them.
3. Ethereal blooms convert land around them into magical forest; they seem to be an alternative option for pure nodes, as they can be moved with the TT focus of dislocation. Are you trying to make a difference between reversion and conversion back to origin biome? I'm afraid I don't understand you here.
4. Yes, normally. However I'm not sure about the ones found on hilltop spawners.

Pure nodes and ethereal blooms (and rainbow trees from Reika's DyeTrees, and the ecological transmuter from Technomancy) are the only ways to naturally, passively fight taint by converting the biome to magical forest. Also, pure nodes will only change biomes into magical biomes, not revert to the previous biome.
By themselves, not all silverwoods will make magical forest, but only if they have at least one pure node.
I don't know whether blood magic's ritual of gaia's transformation will affect eerie or tainted land biomes, but it's worth checking out...

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Witchery also has biome conversion rituals. Twilight Forest has a magical sapling that will spawn a tree that will create TF's version of magical forest around itself.

As I understand it, there are two different processes in Thaumcraft wrt biome conversion: Pure nodes and ethereal blooms will convert tainted (and eerie (and even magical forest biome)) back to the origin biome: Plains, Forest, Swamp etc. Whatever the biome was before it was converted via taint / sinister node or silverwood tree growth.

Growing a silverwood tree is necessary afaik to spawn magical forest biome where there was none before.

I need to go and test all this to double check, but its bloody hard to create a tainted biome, from scratch, in a superflat test world.