HUGE Lag Spikes on my local FTB Infinity Server!

Moe420420

Jul 29, 2019
I hosted a new FTB Infinity server with a friend of mine and it started off super smooth. We have loads of fun and i sleep and wake up and try to go on the server and BOOM! massive lag spikes. i ignore it for a little and it goes away and i tell my friend to join. He joins the server and he complains about lag spikes although mine have stopped. Couple hours pass by and we both start to get massive lag spikes except now they did not disappear ! It happens every 3-5 seconds and last around 2 seconds ! it is very annoying and we died many times because of these spikes ! Any suggestions on how to fix this problem !
*** More info ***
My specs
* i5-4690K
* 8GB DDR3 RAM
* GTX 750Ti

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I am assuming this is home hosted since you said "loccally hosted" correct? If so you may be suffering from unreliable up link from your ISP as local internet aren't meant to host servers. Other than that you can double check to see if the server have enough CPU power, memory, and etc. Another possible issue that your guys client machines' may be bottle necking instead so no matter how powerful the server is, lag just happens because of your end.

Moe420420

Jul 29, 2019
I am assuming this is home hosted since you said "loccally hosted" correct? If so you may be suffering from unreliable up link from your ISP as local internet aren't meant to host servers. Other than that you can double check to see if the server have enough CPU power, memory, and etc. Another possible issue that your guys client machines' may be bottle necking instead so no matter how powerful the server is, lag just happens because of your end.
Yes is it is home hosted and yes i know that is not very good. But still that doesnt mean we should THAT many lag spikes and im not sure if we are bottlenecking

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yes is it is home hosted and yes i know that is not very good. But still that doesnt mean we should THAT many lag spikes and im not sure if we are bottlenecking

To check for any bottlenecks, try connecting to the server with both of you guys on and check it's and both of your guys clients resource usages by a system monitor/task manager/top command (if the server is on a linux server OS). As for networking it is indeed VITAL to have quality latency to able to game well. Anything below 100ms is acceptable latency (the lower it is the better).