Huge FPS Lagg in FTB Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceofkings

Jul 29, 2019
Hi

My problem is pretty complex. I played FTB a lot, my laptop is pretty weak, but with game booster, optifine and lowest settings i was able to play around 20 fps what is playable. Two days ago I accidentaly force updated and I wasnt able to connect to the server I play on and somehow couldnt change the version. So I deleted all FTB and reinstalled. Now my fps is 1-2 and if I install optifine as i always did, my client stop working before i get to the main menu(but even without optifine, my fps shouldnt be that crap). What is interesting, if I stay logged in for a few minutes and then disconnect even my main menu laggs like hell.

I contacted with FTB support, opened a ticket and they sent me to this thread : http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/9/0/basic-troubleshooting

I followed all steps, deleted everything they sad, whole FTB even in appdata, deleted java and reinstalled again, no change at all. Disabled my Eset Nod32 and did the whole thing again, no change.
Please help!

seannyyx

Jul 29, 2019
If your client freezes before loading the main menu when you have OPTIFINE it's because you have the WRONG version.

Make sure you have the right version for the mine craft you're playing.

Most FTB are running 1.4.7. So you need the OPTIFINE for 1.4.6/7

Aceofkings

Jul 29, 2019
Oh ye I was trying with wrong version of optifine. I succesfully installed it, now absolutely every graphics options turned to minimum/off. No FPS boost at all :(.
When i press F3 ingame I can see not even 25% of ram used, but in that graph i can see my tick is around 80%, what does it mean?

seannyyx

Jul 29, 2019
I'm no expert on this. But far as I'm aware mine craft tends to eat more CPU and GPU than RAM

So you can fill your pc with 200gb of ram. It won't make a difference if your processing and graphics memory are low.

You will just have to deal with it until you get a better computer.

From what I've read, intel integrated graphics are the worst because they use the CPU and some ram to power the graphics chip.
You need an independent graphics chip like a nvidia or something.

You'll be lookin at something over 500/600 mark for a basic strong FPS.
anything higher than £/$800 is your best bet of you can afford it.

I just bought (February) laptop over £400 with quad core intel i5. It just barely plays vanilla with 50fps and FTB I'm lucky to get 30
Mainly because as I said above, integrated graphics Which eats up CPU like a hound dog eating steak

Aceofkings

Jul 29, 2019
Yes i know that but as I sad , two days ago I had 20 fps now i got 2. There must be a solution for that.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
If you only had 20fps to start with you are going to have some serious problems because 20fps is unplayable. A miniumum of 25 is required for smooth game play.

Aceofkings

Jul 29, 2019
I opened this topic cause im hoping someone can tell me a solution to get back my shitty 20fps, cause its playable for me, but 2 is not.

Aceofkings

Jul 29, 2019
Just found something interesting. If i press f3 ingame to see that pile graph, it shows tick, game render etc. my tick is around 80%, well if i open that, a new list comes and i see : textures, particles etc.- textures = 85%, and if i open that it shows ModTextureAnimations and such, and at the top of that there is one UNSPECIFIED and its 98%!!

Status
Not open for further replies.