Hubris Thaumcraft 4 Can't use Infusion Altar

TheShadySanta

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing on the new Hubris pack on the ftb launcher when I tried to begin using my infusion altar. Unfortunately the altar is not working and I can't figure out why. I have checked countless forums to find the answer and still no fix. I am trying to craft the osmotic enchanter form Thaumic Tinkerer. I have all of the items required, all of the essentia required and no errors in anything else that I can find. Here are some screenshots:
AR7ZM1L.png

eEl4xj6.png

Also ignore the pedestal that looks like it has two thaumium ingots on it, thats just a visual bug. A fix to this would be amazingly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019
It's possible that you need more vis in your wand/a higher tier wand, I am not sure about what this specific one requires but that is something worth checking.

TheShadySanta

Jul 29, 2019
It's possible that you need more vis in your wand/a higher tier wand, I am not sure about what this specific one requires but that is something worth checking.

I didn't think that the wand vis effected it, considering it doesn't say anywhere that the wand effects it.

TheShadySanta

Jul 29, 2019

I tried activating the altar again with different wands with higher capacities and still nothing, not even with the creative wand that has a capacity of 9001.

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
Altar may detect pedestal with some item which not in receipt. Pedestal which we and U do not see.
is it work with other receipts?
AND MAIN QUESTION: do U learned osmotic enchanter in thaunomicon?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Since when has it used tiles? I thought the infusion used totems?
Now that I think of it it would suck quite a bit to have the totems vaporize. Not that they are super rare but they aren't exactly renewable.
So maybe I am getting the totem setup requirement mixed up.

Also to those suggesting op just hasn't Reserched the osmo chanter must think they are a total rube. How would one reach such a level in thaumcraft and not be aware of the research requirements... Then again I guess there's brain farts.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Now that I think of it it would suck quite a bit to have the totems vaporize. Not that they are super rare but they aren't exactly renewable.

Also to those suggesting op just hasn't Reserched the osmo chanter must think they are a total rube. How would one reach such a level in thaumcraft and not be aware of the research requirements... Then again I guess there's brain farts.

There's zero insult to the op here. You always have to rule out the obvious things. Like you mentioned, brain farts :)

That said he did mention thauminomicon specifically above.

TheShadySanta

Jul 29, 2019
Altar may detect pedestal with some item which not in receipt. Pedestal which we and U do not see.
is it work with other receipts?
AND MAIN QUESTION: do U learned osmotic enchanter in thaunomicon?

Yes I have learned the research for it.

TheShadySanta

Jul 29, 2019

There's zero insult to the op here. You always have to rule out the obvious things. Like you mentioned, brain farts :)

That said he did mention thauminomicon specifically above.

Yes I do have the research and the recipe calls for obsidian tiles while the setup of the enchanter calls for obsidian totems.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yes I do have the research and the recipe calls for obsidian tiles while the setup of the enchanter calls for obsidian totems.
Awesome, can you post a screenshot of the research?

The reason I ask is because I had read a wiki which claims the osmotic is 5 obsidian tiles rather than 6 (which was why I inquired about the number of them). Also it may provide other clues as to what's happening.

Another possibility is that the items you're using aren't "legit" for some reason. For instance, some sort of meta/nbt data attached to an item might cause it to be ineligible for the recipe. This is pretty unlikely with that recipe, unless you found some weird way to manufacture obsidian tile.

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019
Just to be thorough, You have at least the minimum amount for each of the essentia?

Side note: I have never seen a setup with all the pedestals on two sides, I'm assuming from the lack of other comments that you and others have seen it though.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Just to be thorough, You have at least the minimum amount for each of the essentia?

Side note: I have never seen a setup with all the pedestals on two sides, I'm assuming from the lack of other comments that you and others have seen it though.
The infusion should start regardless of the amount of essentia nearby (although it won't end well).

I agree the pedestal arrangement is a bit weird, but it should be kosher so long as all the items have their correct opposites set up.

TheShadySanta

Jul 29, 2019
After testing some things and looking at the research again I noticed that the recipe does call for 5 obsidian tiles... oops. However, that still did not fix it. My infusion altar then broke due to a creeper explosion, I had to rebuild and re-make the multiblock structure and that fixed it. I think it was just something that happened with the multiblock glitching.

Reactions: adamich