How would you represent the crafting "tech" tree

Otho

Jul 29, 2019
In this thread, some people suggeted two things:

1: A nei addon to see all the resources that were needed to make an item

2: A way to see a "tech" tree of all recipes

I was thinking in how this could be done, and I am not sure how to represent on 1) the cost of an item if it has multiple paths to be crafted and on 2) how to represent visually a "tech" tree for minecraft recipes

Thinking of a mod it should read all recipes and make everything automatically

Any thoughts about it?

Reactions: buggirlexpres

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Be aware that problems can occur when you've got recipes which can cycle through a number of different things. I remember at one point, I think it was one of Calclavia's mods (I may be wrong on this) did something similar, adding a hold shift tooltip to everything which would list the basic resources required to make it. I think it basically went through the first recipe listed until it hit a component that didn't have a recipe, which resulted in issues, particularly noticable when installed alongside Reliquary, as it often resulted in one of the ingredients being listed as the Tome of Alkahest.

Personally I'd love an NEI handler which would show items which you grow directly from crops... (++Props for it working with Agricraft)

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I'd love an NEI handler which would show items which you grow directly from crops... (++Props for it working with Agricraft)
Thermal Expansion has a machine for this, and its recipes show up in NEI. Only works for crops that follow the oredict standard correctly though.