How to schedule recurring commands?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Baaleos

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any plugin / config / script file I need to look at to schedule recurring commands.

Eg: Say 'The Server will clean up loose items in 2 minutes'
wait 2 minutes, then
exceute the following '/xu_killitems' to kill ground items.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I do this with a shell script and cron on my Minecraft Ubuntu server I use. Not sure what you are using to host your server though. But, if it is linux based I can post my crontab and the scrip file I use. In my case it is used to notify users of backups, restarts and then execute those function. But it could be tailored for what you have in mind as well.

Reactions: Quetzi

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
You could go ghettorig and bury a few command blocks and some timers in a bedrock box. If you bury it in spawn chunks it will always be loaded. Not perfect, but you could do it without outside programs.

Baaleos

Jul 29, 2019
Turns out my host - BisectHosting - they use multicraft and it has a commands / scheduled commands web interface.
I created a custom command for the cleaning up of items, scheduled it to run at a specific time and recur every 2 hours.

Only problem is that you have to do this for the message and for the cleanup itself.

Eg@ Message recurs every 2 hours, and the cleanup is carried out every 2 hours, but happens 2 minutes after the message etc.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
If you are hosting the server yourself, then McMyAdmin also makes scheduling things like this pretty easy.