How to reset Railcraft Iron Tank

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
I used BC Builder to build a second RC Iron tank. My problem is that when I made the blueprint the first tank had a large amount of water in it. Since water didn't appear on the Builder's "Needed Items" list, I didn't realize this mistake until it was too late.

Since there's no fast way to flush the tank out and I know that the liquid information is stored somewhere on the bottom layer, I was wondering exactly which block I should pull to clear the tank's contents.

I've tried pulling the Valves, center and corner blocks on the bottom layer.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I used BC Builder to build a second RC Iron tank. My problem is that when I made the blueprint the first tank had a large amount of water in it. Since water didn't appear on the Builder's "Needed Items" list, I didn't realize this mistake until it was too late.

Since there's no fast way to flush the tank out and I know that the liquid information is stored somewhere on the bottom layer, I was wondering exactly which block I should pull to clear the tank's contents.

I've tried pulling the Valves, center and corner blocks on the bottom layer.
So you also just found a potential duplication bug for various limited resource liquids (oil\fuel spring to mind) and also a possibly gamebreaking transportation method for any liquid to anywhere across dimensions included, heh better report that one to CovertJaguar\SirSengir. (that is if it works for other liquids than water, which I suspect it should)

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
i think is because water is infinite (maybe) and it wont work with other liquids

but better test.

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
So you also just found a potential duplication bug for various limited resource liquids (oil\fuel spring to mind) and also a possibly gamebreaking transportation method for any liquid to anywhere across dimensions included, heh better report that one to CovertJaguar\SirSengir. (that is if it works for other liquids than water, which I suspect it should)

My Oil tank isn't nearly as full, but it does work with Oil.

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
Good to know. I'm glad that Iron Tanks retain the fluid when I want to resize it, but didn't know at one point it 'lost' the fluid.
I knew it kept the fluid from watching DW's spotlight on them. Just didn't know which block saved the information until now.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
If you rezise the base can you expand two blocks in one direction or do you need to expand one to all directions?

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
I just tested this, you have to expand it out on all sides, so one in each direction. If you think about it, it is logical as to why this is the case. The tank stores the value in the centre block of the bottom layer, so, by expanding it out on all sides, you keep that centre block in the same place, and so it keeps the values. If you expand it by 2 blocks on 2 sides, (remembering it has to be square), then centre is no longer in the same place, and so it creates a new centre block to store the values.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I reported the bug in the Railcraft thread the response from Covert was "The Builder is completely broken, don't use it if you value your worlds." So I guess use at your own risk is the response.

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
The builder has issues with Redpower microblocks aswell (or at least it used to), I tried to copy a frame machine once, and it screwed all the wires and covers up.