Problem How to Reroll Nether Without Changing Overworld Seed

Xeonen

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings, I do hope you won't bash me with diamond shovels for such a noobish question please only use iron or stone shovels. I have a quite good overworld in my small private server -basically 5 people family & friends server- though we mostly reroll nether in order to get a good starting location in there.

I am using direwolf20's 1.4.6 server with a few modifications such as advanced machines, advanced power management and removal of xycraft.

I'd normally delete, level.dat, nether regions and DMI-1 from the server and restart it, changing the nether though I've learned that seed is stored in level.dat which would cause overworld generate differently in unexplored regions -chunks?-

Is there a way to change the seed just for nether and reroll it without effecting the overworld? I have just a bit of know how and willing to get my hands dirty if solution seems a bit complex, and if it isn't too much how can I fetch the seed from level.dat? I tried uploading it to a seed fetcher site yet it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks!

Xeonen

Jul 29, 2019
do you want to regen or change the seed?

I'd like to change the seed and get a completely different Nether, in another server application it was easy, I'd just delete Nether and restart and whole nether seed would reroll yet in this server type it seems almost impossible without changing the seed of overworld as well.