Problem How to protect chunks from fire spread ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If your pack has forestry, you can breed bees to get refractory wax and that will let you make fireproof wood. Which as you might guess, is wood that's fireproof. It looks no different though.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Ever since that incident where one of my "friends" left a chest inside my beautiful wood mansion, with the chest containing one block of Railcraft's Firestone, and with me not realizing what would happen if I picked the Firestone up and placed it in my inventory... I've never built from wood ever again, since that time. So thanks, forgotten "friend", you probably have no idea how much your funny little quick joke impacted my minecraft life. It had a PERMANENT impact. LOL And yes, the correct answer to constructing out of wood is definitely to first work on bees, then make the fireproof wood to build with... but who can wait for all that to happen? Bees takes so much time to get going (and I am a bee lover, yes, I love my Forestry and Binnies and even you, Gendustry, you cheating easy-button mod, you! hahah).

Reactions: malicious_bloke

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I usually make structures out of non-flammable blocks like TNT for this exact reason.

but then if you want a sensible answer, use chisel to change your wood blocks to another variant, that way they lose the flammable property