How to produce a lot of steam?

P

Pierrek

Hey, i'm playing FTB Beyond in 1.10.
I got a BigReactor to produce steam for the Mekanism Turbine.

And now my problem is the steam output from the reactor is "just" 50B/t and the turbine can handle a lot more.....

Is there any way to produce more steam?
I'v tried steam boiler but if i want to power the turbine on max. is this not enough too....

And ps : Sorry for my bad english:(

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Pierrek are you sure you're not confusing B (buckets) with mb (millibuckets) ? How much steam can the turbine handle?

Also: GamerwithnoGame probably has the right answer here. However, you can always build more Big Reactors. (And can someone confirm that BR has a 50 bucket/t limit even when you make them stupidly big?)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
P

Pierrek

Hay,
no the BR makes 50 buckets per tick,i'm going to try the fusion reactor.
I don't know how much the turbine can handle but 50 buckets is absolutly Not enough

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
no the BR makes 50 buckets per tick,i'm going to try the fusion reactor.
I checked the code, you're right. More specifically, it can "contain" 50 buckets per tick, and therefore cannot output more than that. The mod auther said he was going to make the value configurable but he never did (nor did the Extreme Reactors guys)

Good luck with the Mek fusion version. Fair warning, I've heard that it can be buggy, and its been disabled on some servers.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I've only done the standard Mekanism fusion reactor and not the liquid cooled one unfortunately, so I can't be of much help there - all I'd suggest is that you have a power storage off to one side that holds enough to restart the reactor, and a spare hohlraum full of D-T fuel - that way if something happens and your reactor stops working for some reason, you've got the power and fuel to restart it again. I found I had to do that in Regrowth, as I'd log off the server, and sometimes it would still be running when I came back on and at other times it would be off and my induction matrix would be completely empty! So I set up a "dead end" power storage that held enough to charge the lasers and fire the reactor, and connected that to the lasers when I needed to start it again. Its something fairly easy to build in.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
I checked the code, you're right. More specifically, it can "contain" 50 buckets per tick, and therefore cannot output more than that. The mod auther said he was going to make the value configurable but he never did (nor did the Extreme Reactors guys)

Good luck with the Mek fusion version. Fair warning, I've heard that it can be buggy, and its been disabled on some servers.

So if I am mathing correctly, that is a hard limit of 25 maxed out Big Reactors turbines per reactor? Good to know? Maybe??

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So if I am mathing correctly, that is a hard limit of 25 maxed out Big Reactors turbines per reactor? Good to know? Maybe??
That's exactly right, and kinda sad imo. Feels like it would have been easy to add more materials/configurations to turbines so that you could squeeze more juice outta fewer gigantic structures.

On the other hand: Multiple turbines look badass.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
That's exactly right, and kinda sad imo. Feels like it would have been easy to add more materials/configurations to turbines so that you could squeeze more juice outta fewer gigantic structures.

On the other hand: Multiple turbines look badass.
I think the vague intention with Extreme Reactors was at some point to introduce tiers of things like the input/outputs, but it hasn’t really evolved past a big reactors port so far.

P

Pierrek

So the FR is working and i think the steam production is a litte more as the BR XD

Steam output BR : 50 B/t -> 1,28MRF
Steam output FR : 896 B/t -> 23,04MRF

Thanks for the help.