How to perma-set tesseract?

Dantenatyr

Jul 29, 2019
How do you set a tesseract to remember its settings when you break it with the wrench? I saw Dire do it in a video and for the life of me I can't find that video again. He even explained how to do it but my memory is failing me. You have to right-click it with an item but just I can't remember which item.

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
How do you set a tesseract to remember its settings when you break it with the wrench? I saw Dire do it in a video and for the life of me I can't find that video again. He even explained how to do it but my memory is failing me. You have to right-click it with an item but just I can't remember which item.
If I'm correct, I believe it's a eye of ender.

You know what they say, all toasters toast toast.

Dantenatyr

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I should have mentioned I am playing on the Ultimate Pack. I finally found the video and Dire uses shiny metal dust, but that doesn't work. I tried eye of ender as you suggested and that didn't work, either. I even tried just an ender pearl for grins and giggles with no joy. I wondering now if that feature is either disabled or simply missing because Ultimate isn't fully updated yet.

By the way... thanks for the quick response! :)

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I should have mentioned I am playing on the Ultimate Pack. I finally found the video and Dire uses shiny metal dust, but that doesn't work. I tried eye of ender as you suggested and that didn't work, either. I even tried just an ender pearl for grins and giggles with no joy. I wondering now if that feature is either disabled or simply missing because Ultimate isn't fully updated yet.

By the way... thanks for the quick response! :)
Actually you're right, it was shiny dust (derp). But that's in the new version, not in the ultimate pack atm. The beta packs should have that option though.

You know what they say, all toasters toast toast.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Shall I point out that dire did that on forgecraft?
He's got DEV versions to play with.
Things that we might not see in any pack for months.

It could go from powdered shiny, to an item made from 8 diamond blocks and the soul of a young child.

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
Shall I point out that dire did that on forgecraft?
He's got DEV versions to play with.
Things that we might not see in any pack for months.

It could go from powdered shiny, to an item made from 8 diamond blocks and the soul of a young child.
That's true.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019

Dantenatyr

Jul 29, 2019
True, but this change is already in the mod, from version 2.3.2.0 and up.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57416963/Minecraft/Mods/ThermalExpansion/changelog.txt

Ya, and unfortunately the Ultimate Pack is still on 2.2.2.2. In a few ways I'm sort of regretting moving my world from the Direwolf20 pack to Ultimate. I get it that it is a monumental task to keep current on so many mods but I didn't realize that it would take this long.

Oh well... patience is a virtue and I will carry on until the next big update.

walidahmadi2k13

Jul 29, 2019
well I just tried this with the new beta pack (152wgt) and it does not work. It has version 2.4.5 of Thermal expansion so it should work. but It does not. I think gregtech is screwing it over but can't tell. can any help here

EDIT: Just updated to the latest version of TE 2.4.6 and latest cofh core, and the shiny dust seems to work. But there is a simple delimma, you can't get shiny ingot with gregtech and platinum dust doesn't work :(

EDIT 2: OK just figured out how to get shiny dust with gregtech. You need to get the forge lexicon and convert platinum dust to shiny dust, that way you get the shiny dust and able to use the tesseract feature with it :D

Dantenatyr

Jul 29, 2019
Excellent! Thank you very much for the trial and error put into it. I'm currently playing on 152ngt and it works with shiny dust. I just simply needed the latest version of TE.

I started this new world on the 152ngt beta pack but now I'm kind of thinking of converting the map over to 152wgt. Funny how I didn't want a new world using Gregtech because of how much of a pain in the arse it makes things and now I miss it.