How to make multi-worlds?

iAutolycus

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys, I hope I'm in the right area if not I'm sorry. I am looking for

1: A way to create new maps / have multiple maps for a server.

2: A way to create an Outer Space style map

I am hoping for a different way to make different worlds without Mystcraft Ages ( cause I suck at making them that way ). If Mystcraft is the only way to make worlds any helpful tips on making normal maps?

Freedbot

Jul 29, 2019
Really you've answered your own question. While there are several Bukkit plugins that do multi-map servers quite well. Bukkit and Forge don't currently play well together and are giving each other the silent treatment from opposite sides of the sandbox. Since Minecraft updates kicked over their sandcastle. Bukkit wants to rebuild it exactly the same. Forge wants to make the castle twice as big. Anyway, that's neither here nor there. Simply put, XCompWiz made Mystcraft do a lot of custom world generation features that nobody else thought to put in a mod. Just get into creative and grab a notebook with all the symbols. Then grab one of every thing that you would find in a normal world.

Fuubar

Jul 29, 2019
First spawn in a notebook using creative so you don't need to generate a huge number of worlds.

For number 1) I recommend starting with the mystrcraft wiki Here . It sounds like you just want to use the "native biome controller" with 0 biomes selected (don't select biomes with this option it doesn't want them). Then you just set lighting (I don't think there is any instability tied to this), colors (any as there is no instability here), terrain features like caves and villages (again, you should be safe here just don't add the symbols multiple times), set a terrain (likely standard), set a time (likely normal), and then don't set any world modifiers (most of these add instability or other negatives). Then after visiting once put the book back in the table and check to make sure nothing has been added. If nothing has been added that is generally a good sign.

If you're interested in using specific seeds in your mystcraft ages then I recommend reading the thread Here on importing and exporting ages. You'll need something like NBTexplorer to transfer the information from level.dat to agedata.dat but it is useful if you feel like merging your singleplayer worlds.

For number 2) you really just need to make a void age. If you don't want space creepers then make it a single biome with mushroom islands. You'll spawn in on a small stone platform in the middle of an empty void (similar to the FTB challenge maps).

Reactions: arthahar