How to make Floating Botania islands for flowers?

Axeldavenport

Jul 29, 2019
I really wish to make a floating Hydroangeas but there appears to be no recipe and no information about it ANYWHERE. Someone help please?

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
If you're referring to the little floating blocks of grass/dirt with a flower on them, those can only be used for the basic 16 coloured flowers to the best of my recollection. Your standard generating/consuming flowers cannot be placed on the floating blocks, as there's no crafting recipe to create them as such.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
If you're referring to the little floating blocks of grass/dirt with a flower on them, those can only be used for the basic 16 coloured flowers to the best of my recollection. Your standard generating/consuming flowers cannot be placed on the floating blocks, as there's no crafting recipe to create them as such.
Actually they can. The recipes just didn't show up in NEI until a recent update.

To make floating functional or generating flora simply combine the functional or generating flora with a floating glimmering flower

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Actually they can. The recipes just didn't show up in NEI until a recent update.

To make floating functional or generating flora simply combine the functional or generating flora with a floating glimmering flower
Reeeeeeeally? Now that's interesting, and I've certainly never seen it in screenshots. Dammit people, go to the reddit.com/r/botania sub and start posting lovely delicious pictures of awesome Botania things! Does this have any practical application, or is it largely just for looks?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Reeeeeeeally? Now that's interesting, and I've certainly never seen it in screenshots. Dammit people, go to the reddit.com/r/botania sub and start posting lovely delicious pictures of awesome Botania things! Does this have any practical application, or is it largely just for looks?
If they're floating they don't require being placed on dirt, or on anything at all as they're floating. They also can't be washed away by liquids when floating.

Reactions: Wraithflay

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019

The best use I have found for them is Thermalilies. They don't burn so they can be used to contain the lava. You can make a very nice setup with a BC floodgate and 8 of them.

Reactions: Wraithflay