How to get shaders working with FTB Infinity 1.7

BasedPotato

Jul 29, 2019
I have shaders installed on vanilla minecraft and i have FTB installed but i dont know how to install shaders to work with FTB Infinity 1.7. Any help would be nice.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
go to http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...-mods/1286604-shaders-mod-updated-by-karyonix
download Shaders Mod v2.3.28 Forge Edition for Minecraft 1.7.10 (2014-10-03)
drop the mod in your mods folder in the Infinity folder and load up minecraft

shaders should now be installed, you'll know it's installed if there's now a shaderspack folder in your Infinity folder and a shaders button in your minecraft options page.
you can download your preferred shaders pack, drop them in the shaderspack folder and load them up in minecraft

BasedPotato

Jul 29, 2019
go to http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...-mods/1286604-shaders-mod-updated-by-karyonix

shaders should now be installed, you'll know it's installed if there's now a shaderspack folder in your Infinity folder and a shaders button in your minecraft options page.
you can download your preferred shaders pack, drop them in the shaderspack folder and load them up in minecraft
Will try this. Thanks for the reply :D

BasedPotato

Jul 29, 2019

Got it working. Thanks for the actual answer to my problem. :)

Reactions: Greystoke

Ghandie

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there, I tried to do it just as you said, but when I do so, the game (including Launcher and Console) crashes before I can even reach the Main Menu.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there, I tried to do it just as you said, but when I do so, the game (including Launcher and Console) crashes before I can even reach the Main Menu.

I'm guessing you're probably not using the correct version of shaders with the correct minecraft and forge version
also, you should post crash reports if you want us to help, otherwise it'll all just be 1 big guessing game

K

Kingfisher

Yusunoha, do you mean the ftb/FTBinfinity/minecraft/mods or ftb/FTBinfinity/instmods? Is that where I put the shadersmodcore file? When I put it in the second of the two nothing happens and the first one makes the launcher not launch.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Yusunoha, do you mean the ftb/FTBinfinity/minecraft/mods or ftb/FTBinfinity/instmods? Is that where I put the shadersmodcore file? When I put it in the second of the two nothing happens and the first one makes the launcher not launch.

as you can see, the message is over a year old. I can no longer say if this method will work, as the mod may have updated during that time and changed drastically, with the chance of it having changed it's folder location