How to get Extra Irridium for GregTec

With This In Mind Will You Give GregTech Another Chance?

• Total voters

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Having trouble finding enough Iridium to make the Matter Fabricator? Well, you probably thought "Man I hate GT!" and started a new world or disabled GT...
Well, the solution is start a new world and install Mekanism... This mod is great... Simply mine Platinum, Macerate it, Centrifuge it, and combine the 9 Iridium nuggets in a crafting bench... After you have centrifuged 36 Platinum dust, you can make the Matter Fabricator :)
Now some of you may find this cheaty, but you still have to get an Industrial Blast Furnace, chrome (ugh), titanium, and more platinum to make the Lapotronic Energy Orb, and the Energy Circuits (I believe that's what they are called) and 8 Lapotron Crystals, plus some other machines and power to make all of this.

Please give GregTech another chance!!! :p

EDIT: Make sure to Pulverize it for two reasons (if you really hate GT that much)
Macerator costs more
If you pulverize it there is a ten percent chance to get an iridium ore...Pulverize 40 and you have an iridium plate!

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Having trouble finding enough Iridium to make the Matter Fabricator? Well, you probably thought "Man I hate GT!" and started a new world or disabled GT...
Well, the solution is start a new world and install Mekanism... This mod is great... Simply mine Platinum, Macerate it, Centrifuge it, and combine the 9 Iridium nuggets in a crafting bench... After you have centrifuged 36 Platinum dust, you can make the Matter Fabricator :)
Now some of you may find this cheaty, but you still have to get an Industrial Blast Furnace, chrome (ugh), titanium, and more platinum to make the Lapotronic Energy Orb, and the Energy Circuits (I believe that's what they are called) and 8 Lapotron Crystals, plus some other machines and power to make all of this.

Please give GregTech another chance!!! :p

this is just an easier way to get something, you might aswell change some configs of GT and save the hassle of installing a whole new mod.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Or, don't change anything and go to the end. If I were that frustrated, I'd just spawn iridium in.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Or, don't change anything and go to the end. If I were that frustrated, I'd just spawn iridium in.
2 Things:
A lot of people, including me, don't know how or haven't found an end portal...
Also you and I are a lot alike because I used to just spawn stuff in, but some people want to be 100% legit and this is sort of a way of being "legit"

VANtheSven

Jul 29, 2019
I actually like a lot of the changes GT has (not all of them, but most). The whole point of GT is making a lot of items more late-game items (especially on "hard" settings). Adding in another mod to make things easier to get again is pretty stupid imo. Besides, once you get a decent power-supply up and running, iridium is no problem at all anymore, simply produce loads of uu-matter (look at the mindcrack guys, some of them have barrels filled with uu).

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
I actually like a lot of the changes GT has (not all of them, but most). The whole point of GT is making a lot of items more late-game items (especially on "hard" settings). Adding in another mod to make things easier to get again is pretty stupid imo. Besides, once you get a decent power-supply up and running, iridium is no problem at all anymore, simply produce loads of uu-matter (look at the mindcrack guys, some of them have barrels filled with uu).
*facepalm*
The whole point of this thread is to help people get iridium, to make the matter fab... How are they supposed to make UUM without a matter fab?

VANtheSven

Jul 29, 2019
*facepalm*
The whole point of this thread is to help people get iridium, to make the matter fab... How are they supposed to make UUM without a matter fab?

Like I said, late-game. After you've beaten the ender dragon and such (or mined a whole lot). If you don't know how to get to the ender dragon/beat him you really should learn more about vanilla. And if you don't like going to the nether just for the sheldonite, so you get iridium, nor do you like mining a lot to get it, why don't you just enable the mass fab in the GT configs? It's a lot easier than having to solve ID conflicts and whatnot.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
*facepalm*

Wouldn't it be more logical to, instead of installing another mod to make iridium easier to get, just lower the matter fabricator UU matter cost from 100,000,000 to, say, 50,000,000, or even 10,000,000?

That way you can directly control how much easier GregTech's iridium grind is without having an unknown platinum ore factor (is it as common as coal? Is it rarer than tungsten? Etc).

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't it be more logical to, instead of installing another mod to make iridium easier to get, just lower the matter fabricator UU matter cost from 100,000,000 to, say, 50,000,000, or even 10,000,000?

That way you can directly control how much easier GregTech's iridium grind is without having an unknown platinum ore factor (is it as common as coal? Is it rarer than tungsten? Etc).
Ok I don't want to be rude, but I guess I didn't specify the point of my post. I don't care how much energy it costs, it's just that you need Iridium to make a machine that makes Iridium...hence why I started this to help people find that[DOUBLEPOST=1361737155][/DOUBLEPOST]
This does not help me like GT any more or less. You lack the understanding of why some people don't like the mod.
O rly? I think you do buddy... I've read up on it and watched vids and this is mostly why...[DOUBLEPOST=1361737236][/DOUBLEPOST]
Like I said, late-game. After you've beaten the ender dragon and such (or mined a whole lot). If you don't know how to get to the ender dragon/beat him you really should learn more about vanilla. And if you don't like going to the nether just for the sheldonite, so you get iridium, nor do you like mining a lot to get it, why don't you just enable the mass fab in the GT configs? It's a lot easier than having to solve ID conflicts and whatnot.
No, I know HOW to find it I just never have.
Second, I did that last map but if you enable the mass fab then you don't feel like making the matter fab. And lastly it doesn't cause any Id conflicts

VANtheSven

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I don't want to be rude, but I guess I didn't specify the point of my post. I don't care how much energy it costs, it's just that you need Iridium to make a machine that makes Iridium...hence why I started this to help people find that[DOUBLEPOST=1361737155][/DOUBLEPOST]
O rly? I think you do buddy... I've read up on it and watched vids and this is mostly why...[DOUBLEPOST=1361737236][/DOUBLEPOST]
No, I know HOW to find it I just never have.
Second, I did that last map but if you enable the mass fab then you don't feel like making the matter fab. And lastly it doesn't cause any Id conflicts

Highly doubt you read up onto it. People mostly hate on GT because of 2 things: the time it takes to build/craft certain machines and the resources it takes to get even started with it. If you did read up on it, I'd like to see a source, as this is the first time that I heard of this being the reason people dislike GT. And again, the main goal of GT is to make the items, especially the more advanced stuff, late-game. Cheating by adding in another mod to get tons of platinum is lame, and shows you dont actually love GT for what it does!

Reactions: Flipz and Zmaster27

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I don't want to be rude, but I guess I didn't specify the point of my post. I don't care how much energy it costs, it's just that you need Iridium to make a machine that makes Iridium...hence why I started this to help people find that

I don't see anything rude about that, but I am also extremely straightforward so no need to worry about offending me. You are correct, you do need, at the least, four iridium. That can normally be found fairly easily by large amount of quarrying, but what about enabling the "mass fabricator" (http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Fabricator), which does not need iridium at all? It's the non-GregTech version of the matter fabricator, and only costs 1,000,000eu per UU matter piece.

Also, ferrous ore industrial grinds into a small pile of platinum, and it is only a bit uncommon. I'd suggest thinking about that instead of adding a dedicated platinum ore, as you can get a good deal of platinum from it.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
O rly? I think you do buddy... I've read up on it and watched vids and this is mostly why...
No. I've never encountered this problem at all with GT because I refuse to play the mod at all. Not because of this or any other specific gathering means.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see anything rude about that, but I am also extremely straightforward so no need to worry about offending me. You are correct, you do need, at the least, four iridium. That can normally be found fairly easily by large amount of quarrying, but what about enabling the "mass fabricator" (http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Fabricator), which does not need iridium at all? It's the non-GregTech version of the matter fabricator, and only costs 1,000,000eu per UU matter piece.

Also, ferrous ore industrial grinds into a small pile of platinum, and it is only a bit uncommon. I'd suggest thinking about that instead of adding a dedicated platinum ore, as you can get a good deal of platinum from it.
Like I said to someone else I did enable the mass fab on my old map and then didn't really feel like making the matter fab, second the point isn't to make platinum but to centrifuge platinum dust into iridium nuggets[DOUBLEPOST=1361740916][/DOUBLEPOST]
No. I've never encountered this problem at all with GT because I refuse to play the mod at all. Not because of this or any other specific gathering means.
So you've never played GT? And if so then why are you commenting? At least give it a try first

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Like I said to someone else I did enable the mass fab on my old map and then didn't really feel like making the matter fab, second the point isn't to make platinum but to centrifuge platinum dust into iridium nuggets

Indeed, which is why adding platinum is silly when you can use ferrous ore to get platinum to make iridium.

One ferrous ore block will industrial grind into three nickel, one small pile of platinum dust, and one small pile of copper dust.

So that means it is four ferrous ore for one platinum dust pile, which is then worth two iridium nuggets. The matter fabricator takes four iridium ingots, which means you will need thirty-six iridium nuggets, so eighteen platinum dust piles, or seventy-two ferrous ore in total to make your matter fabricator.

It takes maybe two quarries at full size to get that much ferrous ore, which means a few hours of manual mining if you are unlucky.

So why do you need to make that even easier?

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, which is why adding platinum is silly when you can use ferrous ore to get platinum to make iridium.

One ferrous ore block will industrial grind into three nickel, one small pile of platinum dust, and one small pile of copper dust.

So that means it is four ferrous ore for one platinum dust pile, which is then worth two iridium nuggets. The matter fabricator takes four iridium ingots, which means you will need thirty-six iridium nuggets, so eighteen platinum dust piles, or seventy-two ferrous ore in total to make your matter fabricator.

It takes maybe two quarries at full size to get that much ferrous ore, which means a few hours of manual mining if you are unlucky.

So why do you need to make that even easier?
With you doing the math it makes it seem easy... I never really thought about it like that. Next map ill probably go that route... Still that doesn't negate the fact that some people don't want to do that so this post is an easy way to get around it :p

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
So you've never played GT? And if so then why are you commenting? At least give it a try first

I tried it for a very short period of time and immediately hated everything it did. Much in the same way I hate thermal expansion. Also the name of your thread says its contents will help us like GT. It does no such thing.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
I tried it for a very short period of time and immediately hated everything it did. Much in the same way I hate thermal expansion. Also the name of your thread says its contents will help us like GT. It does no such thing.
Did you try my advice within the post?
If not then you can't say as to whether or not it will help.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Did you try my advice within the post?
If not then you can't say as to whether or not it will help.
You misunderstand; I would never be able to force myself to delve so far into that mod to reach that point.