How to gather Ender pearls in Monster?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

mineben256

Jul 29, 2019
I have a new FTB Monster world with a quarry ran by lava with a TiC smeltery for ore processing. To go foward with my intrests, I need Ender pearls. How can I get 4 pearls so I can start a magic crops farm?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Kill 4 Endermen and hope they drop pearls, perhaps?

I've had Endermen sometimes drop 2 pearls without enchanted gear...

Norfgarb

Jul 29, 2019
sword with looting-> enderman hunt

usually i just use a tinker's sword with lapis on it, get plenty of enderpearls cause the ones that drop them give about 3 on average with looting

Reactions: kaovalin

ESchrodingersCat

Jul 29, 2019
If you can kill enough endermen to get one ender pearl, your quarry should be mining up plenty of minichrite (if you didn't remove that mod). I think it's either one or two mimicrite gives you 16 ender pearl dust, and nine ender pearl dust gives one ender pearl. So just repeat the process. In my opinion, using mimicrite is less costly and quicker than magic crops if you have a full speed quarry or two.

Or you can make an endermen farm in the end.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Early game seems like complete chance for getting them. I used the mimichrite method from above to get a few to start with. Late game can be interesting if you don't want to build the traditional enderman farm. The corrosive gas from gascraft instant kills enderman and gives a 100% ender pearl drop. Could make an interesting mob trap.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I have a new FTB Monster world with a quarry ran by lava with a TiC smeltery for ore processing. To go foward with my intrests, I need Ender pearls. How can I get 4 pearls so I can start a magic crops farm?

you'll still need to get 1 ender pearl, but once you have it, you can turn the pearl with a piece of mimichrite into 16 ender pearl dust. 9 ender pearl dust can be crafted back into an ender pearl.
if you repeat this process a few times you'll slowly increase the number of ender pearls you get back.
this method relies on using mimichrite, but it's a good way to get the 4 ender pearls you need early on

DeathGoth

Jul 29, 2019
Find an ominous forest, endermen basically live there... and spiders cave spiders.... and those guys from Thaumcraft... I cant remember their name... though...

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Desert or Plains in night with bat form using morph if you're desperate. Saice also posted a method somewhere which is also super consistent at grabbing Pearls.

ryhamz

Jul 29, 2019
If you only need 4, just grab armor and a weapon and find endermen at night. For a continuous pearl income, however, you could farm endermen with a room full of GasCraft corrosive gas. Corrosive gas kills them instantly and guarantees an ender pearl drop. I plan to make one myself soon because it sounds interesting.

This method would require you to find a shale resource at bedrock and then make a decent Engineer's Toolbox setup to retrieve and process the gas. Unfortunately, Engineer's Toolbox isn't exactly Thermal Expansion on the accessibility scale lol.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
As @MoosyDoosy said, this is a good way to do it. Everyone else has given numerous other good ideas, so take your pick for what you feel will work best for you.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Mimichrite seems to be a really fast way to get ender pearls.

- Get the first pearl, duplicate it with Mimichrite until you got 12-13 of them.
- Find a stronghold, go to the end, ignore the dragon
- Build a bridge to about 150 blocks away from the island (or better, use Jet Pack + Angels Block)
- Build a small platform for yourself with a roof on top (2 blocks room, so that endermen can't get in, water on the roof held by microblock strips)
- a pathway 4 or 5 blocks wide, around 25 block long (nothing spawns closer than 25 blocks from you)
- a spawn platform (15x15, 20x20, whatever) connected to the path, pretty much Saice's ender trap linked in the post above.
- Mystcraft books to link your base and the ender farm

It's just insane, how fast they spawn on the platform. If you want to get fancy, put a GeoStrata strength and saturation crystal on the platform. Diamond sword with sharpness and the strength buff means one-hit kills, and you never get hungry while doing it.

On top of endless ender pearls you'll also get ghast tears and emeralds without having to hunt or mine.

If you build a blaze farm (JABBA Diamond Dolly to pick up a spawner in the end), then you've got Eyes of Ender. They are an excellent early fuel source in an Extra Utilities' Ender Generator. (1 Eye = 80 RF for 25 mins, and it takes literally 5 minutes to get a full 64x stack of blaze powder and ender pearls.)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
You COULD use Emashers Gascraft for this guys. The machines are GUI free, and no NEI recipes exist for it all(yet), but I can tell you, you need 1 pearl for one bit, but if you use Emashers Mods, you need that one piece anyway.
Take some water and sand and run 'em through a Socket with a Mixer and you get Slickwater. That slickwater isn't really needed, but helps with step two.
Step two is find a bit of natural gas shale down near bedrock(looks like bedrock but has green bits). Make sure you have a Fracker and it is on the bottom of your socket, and it pumps the silckwater in and gets you natural gas. Natural gas is great because you need it to get propellent, which is needed for for almost all gases in this mod. Send that gas into a refinery(BC works here, as does Emmashers one) and get Propellent. Now it gets complicated, you need Quicklime for the final mix here, and that requires a Kiln.
I can't explain that bit nearly as well as Emmasher himself, and he has a wiki that has info on this sort of stuff. After that, you send the quicklime and propellent into a Mixer and you get Corrosive Gas. Be careful with it, it ignores gasmasks and Instantly Kills Endermen with a 100% chance to get an ender pearl. Also great for getting wither skeletons if you use it on Zombie Pigmen, has a 100% chance to strip the flesh from 'em and a 25% chance for the resulting skeleton to be a wither variant. Used correctly this kind of setup doesn't even waste gas, but it'll take tougher blocks then netherrack I'm sure.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Get some pearls by normal means or duplicate them with mimicrite, then find the end portal and complete, shouldnt take more than 10 pearls if your luck is regular, then get to the end and raid the crap out of it, there is a ton of ender lilies around, you can get almost a full stack, then get some end stone in which lilies grow faster, come back to your base, plant them and you are done.. If you use thaumcraft's lamp of growth you are gonna get a ton of pearls, more than you could use..

Also, you can use the same lamp to grow magical crops ender pearl essence..

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know if this was mentioned or not, but I've found one of the best ways to find endermen is using a minimap like Zan's. Make sure hostile mobs are turned on, and look for the two glowing eyes. When you zoom out all the way, you'll also see ones that are underground - so just go where you saw their icon and dig down. Once you get closer, you can zoom in and see them. Note if you zoom in at the surface, underground mob icons tend to disappear because they're too far.