How to create minecraft server on Curse

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

RPMiller

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
How to create minecraft server on Curse
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Sky Factory
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I used to be able to create servers fine with FTB, but how do I do that with the new Curse launcher?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Simple.. You don't.. At least not yet. That is still one of the critical functions that haven't been replicated on the Curse launcher yet. So I still keep a copy of the old FTB just so I can download server and run server packs. The old launcher is still available. Look under the big download button on the main FTB home page. They have them listed is legacy launchers now.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
find your pack from http://www.feed-the-beast.com/modpacks , click the pack, click "files", find correct version, click "+1 more", server files can now be found on additionals files section in the page.

FTB launcher do not create server files. It just downloads .zip done by pack author.

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
If you are producing your own custom packs then you create the server files yourself. This is just a matter of removing client-only mods.

T

Tobse_1893

I've downloaded the Skyblock3_server data, what do i have to do now? My friend and I just want to play together, nothing more. Please Help!

M

MorganWanderer

When i goto the Downloads link i get re-directed to "https://app.twitch.tv/download", which doesn't have minecraft server files. Does anyone have a copy of these files (the last updated ones?)
Maybe upload them to Curse?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
The best way to get server files now is to open the pack in the Curse/Twitch client.
  • Click the Website button in upper right.
  • Click the link to the Project Site.
  • On the project site click the Files tab. This will take you the list of client files.
  • The little +1 More button will take you to the page with server download.

R

reaper4ever

this comes up when ever i click serverstart.Bat
Error: missing `server' JVM at `C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_131\bin\server\jvm.dll'.
Please install or use the JRE or JDK that contains these missing components.
what do i do

G

Girfan3198

*EHEM* Before I begin I have no idea how to create a server, but I followed what henry said previously, extracting the server file and editing the eula then launching the server but then it says that the download failed invalid e-tag checksum. unable to access jarfile forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1614-1.7.10-universal.jar. How do I fix that? or do I manually download the file? and please don't tell me you don't support 1.7.10 because come on modpacks all the time use older versions of forge and stuff because sometimes they are designed for lower end computers/lite versions of modpacks, or they just think its better/using an outdated mod that still works.

Last edited:
G

Girfan3198

The first galactic science modpack. I downloaded the server files and tried launching the server and that came up