How to convert a Tekkit world to FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
I have a Tekkit map, but I want it on FTB, so how do I convert a Tekkit world to FTB? Thanks

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Ugh. Thats a big task... Probably not worth it. You'd need to fnd the block and item ids for everything in your world, match them to corresponding ids in the FTB world, then edit the map without loading it (because not all IDs would be valid, and loaded invalid items are destroyed). THEN you could load it in FTB. Offhand I don't know of a tool to help you do this easily.

So my advice is shrug and start over.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Or you could just copy the configs from the tekkit world to the FTB mods folder. The map should load fine then, assuming you use the same set of mods.

I don't know which version is tekkit at right now (or more exactly which version is your save file for), if you're migrating from an older version (1.3.x) you might run into problems. Also obviously items from mods that are in your tekkit installation and aren't in your FTB one will disappear, unless you add the mods manually.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Or you could just copy the configs from the tekkit world to the FTB mods folder. The map should load fine then, assuming you use the same set of mods.

I don't know which version is tekkit at right now (or more exactly which version is your save file for), if you're migrating from an older version (1.3.x) you might run into problems. Also obviously items from mods that are in your tekkit installation and aren't in your FTB one will disappear, unless you add the mods manually.

Yeah, I'm guessing he might be talking about the last proper version of tekkit (1.2.5), in which case those year old configs are pretty much destined for failure.

If nothing else, if you actually do get it working, I'd strongly advise you to import it to MultiMC, so the next FTB pack update doesn't destroy your hard work.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if you could import Tekkit to Technic, then update Technic. It'd be easier to do it that way, provided you have the old technic (pre 1.3).

But it's honestly a guess. I have no idea if it'd work :p

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
If I am not mistaken, mIDas is a tool that allows ones to convert block IDs to other configuration specs. That said, it would be long and arduous to work on, since you would need to convert EVERY single block type to the correct ones, and it takes time in between. It might be best to just start over.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I am starting to convert the ids. Wish me luck.
Good luck, and if you do manage to get it to work, maybe you can post a short guide!

You know, tips, tricks, pitfalls to avoid...

I have about a dozen blocks that are somehow not in sync with FTB. I have no clue how it happened. Updates are a major hassle because of it.

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
I figured out how, I need to list all the tekkit ids, and use a program called mIDas Gold to convert it to the FTB ids.

MonkeyKiller88

Jul 29, 2019
Got a solution for ya then. I wanted to just keep a few buildings but not the whole map, because of the new biomes/ores. So i just converted the ID's for redpower, because that was the only type of mod block i'd used in my buildings. Then i used the latest version of MCedit to copy the building across.

Happy to say it worked perfectly, which is a relief since i've been trying for ages now. Posted a copy of the ID conversions for redpower to get you started. Hope it helps. Also, don't rotate red power, as it screws up the orientation for its blocks. Just straight copy paste.

NOTE: I had first upgraded my tekkit classic map to tekkit lite which i found here
The ID's do change from tekkit classic to tekkit lite, and my conversion is from tekkit lite

Attachments

• tekkitlite to ftb redpower only patch.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 98
  • tekkit to tekkitlite patch.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 98