How to allocate more ram for server on Mac OSX

cjc4231

Jul 29, 2019
Alright so I seem to be having trouble adding ram to my server.

I'm running on OSX Snow Leopard - 4 Gig Ram

I've tried the whole create a new command, add the "java -Xms1024m -Xmx2048m -jar FTB-Beta-A.jar" parameters but once created into a .command file, I get a "The file “Start Server.command” could not be executed because you do not have appropriate access privileges." prompt. I've read up on how your supposed to fix it with the "chmod+x" command in terminal and drage the .command file after it but nothing seems to work.

Any new and/or specific advice would be AMAZAZING right now...

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
its seems that you dont have acces on your system ? I dont know a thing about OSX but aint is possible you dont have privileges like you will need to log in as admin ?

cjc4231

Jul 29, 2019
I am admin with the only account on the computer.

I've read that it has nothing to do with actual privileges as an admin but instead, the .command file needs permission through Terminal hence the "chmod" command. My only problem is that I'm not a programmer/developer and am not so good with commands.

On a side note for a Mac user that know what I'm experiencing, I finally got the "chmod +x /Users/casch/Desktop/FTB/FTBBetaAServer/Start\ Server.command" and it went through with no errors but the "Server Start.command" won't open up the .jar ... so now what?

kooljac702

Jul 29, 2019
Umm I was having this issue create a new Textedit file and name it start.command and paste this date into it
Code:
#!/bin/bash
cd "$( dirname "$0" )"
java -Xms2048M -Xmx2048M -jar FTB-Beta-A.jar -o true
Save the file into your folder with your .jar in it rename the .jar taking off the .jar extension, and then put it back on. open up terminal and type chmod a+x without pushing return drag the start.command file into terminal then hit return key. This should fix your problem. also you may change the parameters. -Xms(Minimum amount of RAM) -Xmx (Maximum amount of RAM) and replace the "FTB-Beta-A.jar" with the name of your jar file.

ChrisWsrn

Jul 29, 2019
When a Unix system gives you "The file <command_you_entered> could not be executed because you do not have appropriate access privileges." prompt after executing a command you need to run the command again with "sudo" before it.