How To Add Mods To FTB Packs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
So, since I have seen over 5 threads in the past hour or two about this, I decided I would attempt to clear up the confusion. Everyone seems to be wondering how to add mods to modpacks. It is quite simple. Download the correct version of the mod for that version of Minecraft. In the FTB Launcher find the modpack you wish to add X mod to, click Edit Mod Pack. In the edit window determine if it is a Jar Mod (a mod that goes in the minecraft.jar in your bin), a core mod (a mod that goes in the coremods folder after Forge is installed), or a mods mod (a mod that goes in the mods folder after Forge is installed). When you find the correct directory, click add mod. Find your mod (I recommend having a folder where you keep your FTB stuff just for added mods, but it's optional, obviously). Add it to the pack. You can also Enable/Disable certain mods in this window.

Edit: About ID conflicts, there a few ways to go about fixing this.
Step 1: Read your crash log and figure out which ID and mods are not compatible. It should be at the very top of the crash report.
Step 2: Disable the mod you are adding.
Step 3: Launch FTB
Step 4: Perform an ID dump in NEI. This shows which IDs are free.
Step 5: Close FTB completely.
Step 6: Change the IDs in your mods config to the free ones shown by NEI.
Step 6: Play FTB.

Now can we all stop posting pointless threads about how to add mods to a modpack? Thanks,
Santa.

Jnelso99

Feb 24, 2013
So what happens with pack updates? From what I understand, you have to re-add the mod(s) with every update, as at least the mods directory seems to get cleared out.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
So what happens with pack updates? From what I understand, you have to re-add the mod(s) with every update, as at least the mods directory seems to get cleared out.

Last time I updated a pack, I did have to reinstall the mods.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Especially with gregTech. Now that he's decided he's better than everyone else, I decided it's not worth the effort anymore.

My pack isn't using GregTech, because it is a private pack for a friend and I, and he dislikes GregTech. What's wrong with GT IDs?

mezomi

Jul 29, 2019
One thing that I haven't seen a lot of people do is just take mods from other packs you have already downloaded. Lots of people complain about this mod not being in that pack. They can just add it without any downloads.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
by far the simplest way, right click the launcher, open location, from the listed (I always use list view) mod pack dirs pick your pack & open, go to /mods add the mod/s you want, close launch the launcher click the edit mods button, on the right you will see the mods you added to the mods folder, high light & activate, do one at a time if more than 3, this helps with conflicts & IDs problems if you only have one new mod to check, as Mezomi mentioned you can copy & paste mods from one pack to another in this way too, but remember you may need to edit configs as the config is setup by ftb for the pack its distributed with.

Or just learn how to use MultiMC & research the required info on configs & ID's, simple program to use & outputs pack configs if your running a server thats a handy option.

Reactions: mezomi

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of giving you a conflict when there is one, it just spits out an error saying "It's not my fault you fucking idiot!"
THANK YOU!
[rant]i had so much FRICKIN TROUBLE fixing an Id conflict. I wanted to report to to him but when I went to his thread I saw people reporting that crash that were immediately getting called stupid by Greg's little minions.
What was really sad was that it said "I told you how to fix it", but I had more trouble than usual trying to solve the conflict (I spent about 30 frickin minutes trying to decifer that code he called English.)[/rant]

Ravnen

Jul 29, 2019
So, just to make sure I understand it correctly, to fix an ID conflict, you can only guess until you find an unused number?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
No. Disable that mod that's causing the conflict, get the game running, use NEI to dump a ID report, which will show you the used IDs. Then you can find some free unused ID numbers. Renable the mod, edit it's config, go through, change the IDs.
Fingers crossed then next time you load the game, no conflicts :D

But, guessing also works - I did that myself a few times :p