How many play Vanilla?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

L0NExW0LF

Jul 29, 2019
Just get them to play AS or some shit that is easy.
It's not quite that simple and AS is not the best first step for someone who has never played with mods. In most cases just playing with friends and having someone to guide them is the best choice, but then again modded Minecraft is not for everyone.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
uhh who? Is that one of the ATLauncher devs?

Actually HQM is awesome for this. Before that I would make a tutorial building at spawn or even books that would help people get started. But even the smallest things could be overwhelming, for example going from the 6 or so ores in vanilla to 20+ in a modpack is enough to cause people to quit.

Yea a AT Admin. :p

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
I played vanilla once then I installed a mod and the only time I ever played vanilla since was when I forget to add forge and I wonder why no mods show up and it takes a few seconds to load.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I try to play vanilla to see the features that the next modded version is going to have. I played vanilla 1.7.x to see the new biomes and fish. I need to play 1.8, as it's going to take a while to get used to the new enchanting mechanic.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing on a vanilla server (or at least a server where vanilla clients can connect), but not without InvTweaks and NEI :p

RainbowCupcake

Jul 29, 2019
I only play vanilla when either it's a
A: Special minigame type server (like Hypixel) (with oodles of plugins!!!), but that's not really vanilla is it ;).

B: A server with a nice, peaceful, cooperative community where I can have fun and joke around.

The thing I don't like about modded Minecraft is the lack of servers that I can find. Yes I know I can probably find at least half a dozen private servers but I like a specific set of mods, I also like certain mods that aren't allowed in modpacks (Mo' Creatures). I've tried introducing modded Minecraft to my brother but he is not much help when setting things up (and playing) and it ruins the fun for me, doing all the mining, setting up, crafting, and oh he will never join and keeps promising to. He isn't the kind of player that would be my friend just because of Minecraft. My dad is a total noob and he can not last five minutes on peaceful in vanilla.

So long story short, I like playing modded by myself.

Reactions: Wagon153

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
How many of you guys play vanilla regularly? If so, compare it to your FTB hours.

Also, for those whom don't play vanilla... If vanilla had TiCo & AE (and that's it), would you play it then?

AE in vanilla? I don't even use it in modded it is not how I like to play it. TiCo on the other hand I would love to see more stuff like that... you know if TiCo had more things in it to make tools look however I wanted them to.

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019
I play vanilla a few times a week. My lovely lady doesn't really much game, so we sit next to each other and play on my PS4. The lack of features is ... irritating, but she enjoys the experience so..

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Never. It's just so...boring. And the argument about no community projects on modded servers is BS. Sure we don't work together to make spawners, but we do work together to make things like the Reactorcraft tokamak reactor, or a community auto spawner with touch screens, community workshops, community nexus, auto farms to feed new players.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Never. It's just so...boring. And the argument about no community projects on modded servers is BS. Sure we don't work together to make spawners, but we do work together to make things like the Reactorcraft tokamak reactor, or a community auto spawner with touch screens, community workshops, community nexus, auto farms to feed new players.
Yes, but those builds are ever so feasible, to create on your own. You have the tools to do 9x the work, sometimes even more. Doing an hours work in 6-7 minutes is incredible in terms of self-reliance and independence. The point is that vanilla requires you to work with others, in order to get things done in a timely fashion, else you end up with a bunch of half done projects and doing things inefficiently.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but those builds are ever so feasible, to create on your own. You have the tools to do 9x the work, sometimes even more. Doing an hours work in 6-7 minutes is incredible in terms of self-reliance and independence. The point is that vanilla requires you to work with others, in order to get things done in a timely fashion, else you end up with a bunch of half done projects and doing things inefficiently.
One does not simply make a fusion reactor in half an hour. A community auto spawner takes a lot longer then 10 mins since it has to be built and programmed, and all the mobs have to be caught. Nexus, again has to be built and programmed. Workshop: Built and supplied.

Reactions: Padfoote

Brain888

Jul 29, 2019
I only play vanilla when either it's a
A: Special minigame type server (like Hypixel) (with oodles of plugins!!!), but that's not really vanilla is it ;).

B: A server with a nice, peaceful, cooperative community where I can have fun and joke around.

The thing I don't like about modded Minecraft is the lack of servers that I can find. Yes I know I can probably find at least half a dozen private servers but I like a specific set of mods, I also like certain mods that aren't allowed in modpacks (Mo' Creatures). I've tried introducing modded Minecraft to my brother but he is not much help when setting things up (and playing) and it ruins the fun for me, doing all the mining, setting up, crafting, and oh he will never join and keeps promising to. He isn't the kind of player that would be my friend just because of Minecraft. My dad is a total noob and he can not last five minutes on peaceful in vanilla.

So long story short, I like playing modded by myself.
I know what you feel bro :( whenever I try to teach someone modded he quit out quickly :/

Reactions: FrankieTheSnake

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
It's not quite that simple and AS is not the best first step for someone who has never played with mods. In most cases just playing with friends and having someone to guide them is the best choice, but then again modded Minecraft is not for everyone.
Whats up? Where you playing at these days?

And for the Question, i only play vanilla when a new version with new items comes out. For a few hours to learn them. Then its back to modded