How many play Vanilla?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
How many of you guys play vanilla regularly? If so, compare it to your FTB hours.

Also, for those whom don't play vanilla... If vanilla had TiCo & AE (and that's it), would you play it then?

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
How many of you guys play vanilla regularly? If so, compare it to your FTB hours.

Also, for those whom don't play vanilla... If vanilla had TiCo & AE (and that's it), would you play it then?
I play on my own servers but only because of the fact that a lot of MCers dont play modded. But I would never go back to SSP Vannila, unless they added Tico and AE. :p :D

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I play on my own servers but only because of the fact that a lot of MCers dont play modded. But I would never go back to SSP Vannila, unless they added Tico and AE. :p :D

Ahh, I was thinking about "what would make me play vanilla". The very least would be those two. I don't really need anything else. Storage and no 3x3 tools make me shudder about building and item management in vanilla.

The thing I like about vanilla is community building. Everyone goes and helps build the community's ender pearl farm. Somebody finds a double blaze spawner, which every uses.

In FTB people just pick the spawner up and put it in their base. Sighs.

Reactions: Chaka

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
I sometimes play "Vanilla" Like Minecraft forge with Inv tweaks, NEI, Journeymap, and Fastcraft.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com

I almost never play vanilla. Usually it's only when I forget to install Forge.

And with just TiC and AE, I wouldn't play. I rarely ever use those mods anyway, so I wouldn't see the point of playing them if they were part of Minecraft itself.

Reactions: Padfoote and Chaka

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I almost never play vanilla. Usually it's only when I forget to install Forge.

And with just TiC and AE, I wouldn't play. I rarely ever use those mods anyway, so I wouldn't see the point of playing them if they were part of Minecraft itself.
U NO WAT KIND OF FTB U PLAY?

Seriously though, how do you get away without AE.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
U NO WAT KIND OF FTB U PLAY?

Seriously though, how do you get away without AE.
Third Party Packs ;)

I use lots of chests. I personally find it more entertaining and challenging to use Item Conduits and whatnot to fill up than to do a little bit of cable management and have everything set. Plus, it's much more of a challenge for my organizational skills.

Reactions: Padfoote

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Third Party Packs ;)

I use lots of chests. I personally find it more entertaining and challenging to use Item Conduits and whatnot to fill up than to do a little bit of cable management and have everything set. Plus, it's much more of a challenge for my organizational skills.
Well, I use a lot of barrels/chests, just with storage buses. Eventually you waste so much time without it, that you could've built a whole other base. .

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
Most of the time if i install forge and use what i said above i end up saying "barrels, Yea! That mod is mostly like vanilla. Let me add it! Oh wait "Insert mod here" is also close enough to vanilla ill add it too!" And this goes on and on till i basically have all the mods from FTB monster

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Though, for me that would defeat all the communal purpose. Once you start adding those mods, it becomes increasing viable to SSP in an SMP world, rather than rely on each other. Trading, etc. Not one person has the time to build all the farms required for all the things. Etho has taken 3 years and thousands of hours to build his SSP world to where it is.

Reactions: Chaka

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
Though, for me that would defeat all the communal purpose. Once you start adding those mods, it becomes increasing viable to SSP in an SMP world, rather than rely on each other. Trading, etc. Not one person has the time to build all the farms required for all the things. Etho has taken 3 years and thousands of hours to build his SSP world to where it is.
A agree, I play Modded/Vanilla Based on my mood

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
The only problem I have with modded is that people dont want to use it... FTB launcher makes it so easy though... I dont get why they dont want to.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
They consider mods to be cheating, or they just don't want to go throught the trouble
Bleh! Mods are usually harder than vannila (excluding DartCraft :p) I think most people think it is going to be really hard to set up or require coding knowledge, or were turned off by manually installing forge before.

Also storage is my biggest problem with Vanilla. AE is hard to live without. :(

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
As someone who has owned both vanilla and modded servers the main reason that I have seen is that people tend to get overwhelmed by all of the content that mods add.
You are not lonewolf from ATlauncher are you? :eek: Also I can admit to feeling overwhelmed by mods at first, but only in an awesome way. ;)

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
As someone who has owned both vanilla and modded servers the main reason that I have seen is that people tend to get overwhelmed by all of the content that mods add.
ppl r dumb

I think it's because there's no easy way to get started. Jumping into a sandbox world is painful, without any direction. I wonder if there's a good way to address this.

L0NExW0LF

Jul 29, 2019
You are not lonewolf from ATlauncher are you? :eek: Also I can admit to feeling overwhelmed by mods at first, but only in an awesome way. ;)
uhh who? Is that one of the ATLauncher devs?

ppl r dumb
I think it's because there's no easy way to get started. Jumping into a sandbox world is painful, without any direction. I wonder if there's a good way to address this.
Actually HQM is awesome for this. Before that I would make a tutorial building at spawn or even books that would help people get started. But even the smallest things could be overwhelming, for example going from the 6 or so ores in vanilla to 20+ in a modpack is enough to cause people to quit.