How many people actually use twilight forest's magic trees

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Do you use these trees

• Total voters

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
The last time I used TF trees for anything involved a Dark Forest and a Wrath Igniter. I was very unpopular on the server for a couple days. At the time it seem like a great way to clear an area for a quarry and smoke all those Ghast-like mobs out of that floating wooden tower.

Oops?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
The only problem I have with Twilight Forest are the water pools on the canopy. The Wrath Igniter wouldn't be such an issue if there wasn't water all over the place, flooding after the leaves are gone, causing so much lag for the server. :(

The classless

Jul 29, 2019
Will the Core blocks still function if without the rest of the tree?
I know that the Portal Gun/Gravity Gun and pick up and move the Core blocks, but I would like to know before trying to relocate the trees (kinda was testing them out and are now in the way of a Build of mine...).

And has anyone figured out the Area of Effect (AoE) each tree has? And is the AoE centered where the sapling was, or where the core is? The Tree of Transformation has a pretty simple one to find out, seeing as it affects a visible area, but I can really tell with the other ones. Would really like to know on the Miner's Tree and the Tree of Time.

After some testing yes the core works still if moved by a gravity gun(have not tried portal)
Tree of time radius is a chunk last I checked on the twilight forest wiki
mining tree seems to pull from two to one chunks around it

FryoKnight

Jul 29, 2019
After some testing yes the core works still if moved by a gravity gun(have not tried portal)
Tree of time radius is a chunk last I checked on the twilight forest wiki
mining tree seems to pull from two to one chunks around it

Well, what I was questioning was not if they can be moved by the Gravity Gun/Portal Gun, but more along the lines if the tree's core will continue to function without the rest of the tree (e.g. if the rest of the tree was chopped down, and leaving only the Core block).

And as for the what you said on the radius, what do you mean by "a chunk"? Do you mean as in a actual 16 block radius around the Tree, or more like it only affects things within the same chunk (Like how a Spot Loader only loads things in the same chunk)?

I did notice that the Tree of Transformation has a effective area of 16 blocks on the x/z axis and a indefinite radius along the y axis (seeing as it is changing the Biome and biomes do not change along the y axis by default). So if the Tree of Time and Tree of Sorting shares this trait with the Tree of Transformation, I could have effective just answer my own question.

As for the Miner's Tree, saying that it pulls something from about a "chunk" or 2 would implies that it would have a radius of around 16~32 blocks. So far, I have noticed that it only pulls ores from about 32 blocks below, much like the Ore Magnet, but I am also wondering of it X/Z Radius (as in it's radius along the x or z axis). This seems to be slightly different then the 32 block for the Y axis, seeing as it pulled some Gravel Iron Ore (from Tinkers Construct) that I know was about 40 blocks away up higher (though the Gravel Ores don't seem to actually move along the x/z axis like other ores do).

Though, all this does bring this question to mind. Does having multiple Trees of the same type effective overlap their effect? Like would having to Trees of Time with a overlapping AoE cause plants in the AoE to grow even faster, or would it only read the affect being applied once? Or Does it make the affect just happen faster, like what I think would happen with the Tree of Transformation and the Miner's Tree?

Do, I do want to thank you for trying to help answer my questions. ^w^

The classless

Jul 29, 2019
Well, what I was questioning was not if they can be moved by the Gravity Gun/Portal Gun, but more along the lines if the tree's core will continue to function without the rest of the tree (e.g. if the rest of the tree was chopped down, and leaving only the Core block).

And as for the what you said on the radius, what do you mean by "a chunk"? Do you mean as in a actual 16 block radius around the Tree, or more like it only affects things within the same chunk (Like how a Spot Loader only loads things in the same chunk)?

Though, all this does bring this question to mind. Does having multiple Trees of the same type effective overlap their effect? Like would having to Trees of Time with a overlapping AoE cause plants in the AoE to grow even faster, or would it only read the affect being applied once? Or Does it make the affect just happen faster, like what I think would happen with the Tree of Transformation and the Miner's Tree?

Do, I do want to thank you for trying to help answer my questions. ^w^

what I meant for your first question is yes the cores core functions will work without the tree parts and can be moved with the gravity/portal gun and they will still work when moved so you could grow the tree and move the core as need to different places and the core would still work as if it was just grown

Chunk as in a spot loader

I think that the effects will overlap with one another

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Gonna just probably bookmark this thread. This is probably the most informative thread I've seen on this forum in like 5 months. I usually hate necro bumps, but to whom ever responsible... I appluad you good sir. *fist pumps*[DOUBLEPOST=1388621043][/DOUBLEPOST]Quarrying is like the most unnessicary evil in ftb. Tf could very well be my favorite mod... dare I say even besting *gasp* thermal expansion.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Gonna just probably bookmark this thread. This is probably the most informative thread I've seen on this forum in like 5 months. I usually hate necro bumps, but to whom ever responsible... I appluad you good sir. *fist pumps*[DOUBLEPOST=1388621043][/DOUBLEPOST]Quarrying is like the most unnessicary evil in ftb. Tf could very well be my favorite mod... dare I say even besting *gasp* thermal expansion.

TF is great,but it seems somewhat underpowered with mods like MMPS or Redstone Arsenal.

FryoKnight

Jul 29, 2019
what I meant for your first question is yes the cores core functions will work without the tree parts and can be moved with the gravity/portal gun and they will still work when moved so you could grow the tree and move the core as need to different places and the core would still work as if it was just grown

Chunk as in a spot loader

I think that the effects will overlap with one another
Ah, ok then, thankies for clearing up that first point. ^.^

As for the second one, seems abit silly to me. I think a 16 block radius would be more likely then just the effected chunk would be the AoE.

And I think it does also, but I am about to test it for my self.

~snip~ This is probably the most informative thread I've seen on this forum in like 5 months. I usually hate necro bumps, but to whom ever responsible... I appluad you good sir. *fist pump* ~snip~
Thank you? ^-^"

By the way, not sure if anyone know this or not, but you can actually toggle the Trees on and off... o.o I found it by accident, just right click on the Core block to toggle it.

Protocurity

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, those trees. I've never used them myself, partly because I've never really known about them. There isn't a lot of press on the matter, so often times the updates to twilight forest are completely unknown to me.

Now I want to try one, but I can't find any of those leaf dungeons...

The classless

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, those trees. I've never used them myself, partly because I've never really known about them. There isn't a lot of press on the matter, so often times the updates to twilight forest are completely unknown to me.

Now I want to try one, but I can't find any of those leaf dungeons...
it takes a keen eye, a good food supply,and well power jetpack[DOUBLEPOST=1388700630][/DOUBLEPOST]

thanks for the complement

FryoKnight

Jul 29, 2019
Still been playing around with the Trees, and I actually found a way to harvest the Core blocks from Trees! :eek:

Of course, it is harvested with a End-Game item called the Vajra, but, if you shift and right-click (if you normal right-click you'll only toggle the Core on/off), it will force the Core block to drop as an Item. :eek:

Reactions: The classless

Necr0maNceR

Jul 29, 2019
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, if you are using the portal or gravity gun mods you can pick up the core and drop it on a torch or half slab to make the core break and drop in item form.
TF is great,but it seems somewhat underpowered with mods like MMPS or Redstone Arsenal.
Unlike many FTB mods, Twilight Forest seems to be designed to be balanced with vanilla Minecraft power/difficulty levels. It's armor and items mostly seem underpowered compared to other mods, but not vanilla. There are a few exceptions though, namely the Twilight Scepter and, to a much lesser extent, the Zombie Scepter. Those items are quite powerful by vanilla standards.