How many people actually use twilight forest's magic trees

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Do you use these trees

• Total voters

The classless

Jul 29, 2019
I love how nobody even mentions the Sorting Tree. Does ANYONE ever use that thing? :p

Also, if the Tree of Transformation turns an area into an Enchanted Forest, wouldn't that make it difficult to accurately breed trees since the leaves are flashing colors all the time and you won't be able to tell which are mutated? Is the biome change permanent or does chopping down the tree end it?
true but maybe the tree breeding could take place some where else I guess

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Does the miner tree pull up ores that actually exist in the ground around it, or does it work like the MFR mining laser, in that it will spawn a random ore near the base of the tree after a given time interval.

I think it has the same effect as the ore magnet, which pulls existing ores.

Reactions: casilleroatr

The classless

Jul 29, 2019
Those sound... Incredibly useful but at the same time it seems as though they'd be slow/ineffective/inefficient, considering since I started playing FTB the day it was released, I've never once heard of those uses.

Is there some sort of draw back to these tree's powers or are they just incredibly rare?
it took me a day real time to find one of each type of tree so yes they are rare and they also won't drop saplings

The classless

Jul 29, 2019
So you can't take one back to your base? You have to use it there on the spot?
no you found the saplings in the leafs dungeons then you can plant them any where in the over world or the twilight forest but the the new tree when fully grown will not ever drop saplings so you need to find a new sapling of the desired tree in another dungeon to grow more

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't use the Twilight Forest mod, why visit a Twilight Forest thread?
We don't want to hear if you don't use the mod itself, that's irrelevent. We want to hear if you use an aspect within it which would obviously require using the mod itself.

Stay on topic.

As for myself, I never really thought to look into the Twilight Trees. Sure, they're pretty, but I thought they were just aesthetically pleasing.
Is there anything actually useful about any of them?

Because the question was. How many people actually use the trees from twilight forest?

I don't use them.

But the reasons I don't use them aren't one of the options.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Because the question was. How many people actually use the trees from twilight forest?

I don't use them.

But the reasons I don't use them aren't one of the options.

You had no desire nor thought to include your reasoning, if you did, you'd have posted them. You were just being pedantic. Bare in mind this isn't an invitation to do so.
If you don't use the mod then that's fine, but don't expect your "input" to be taken into any sort of productive discussion because that wasn't your intent and you know it.

Now I ask again. Stay on topic or leave.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Miner trees are absolutely amazing, especially if you place them on top of a large hollow hill. Just remember to replace the dirt once you mine the ores that came up, so it can pull more things out.
Speaking of large hollow hills, if you want to do things in a slightly less cheesy way, get a magnum torch from ExtraUtils, get to the center of it, dig a bit down to ensure everything will work correctly, and place the torch. Then just move away so everything despawns, go back and enjoy only having to worry about spawners.

I didn't know about the transformation bee trick until I saw that video, though. Nice to know, at least now I don't need to settle for a forest biome while playing BoP (although I guess I still won't be able to have my snow either unless I fiddle around with ExtraBees or alveary energy drain heaters.

Reactions: RedBoss

Necr0maNceR

Jul 29, 2019
Can you move the tree cores with a gravity gun? That way you could get much more mileage out of the miner's tree and will also be able to relocate the other trees (or at least the part that causes the effect). If you can pick them up with a gravity gun, then you can also drop the cores on torches or half slabs to collect them, for easy transport.

The classless

Jul 29, 2019
Can you move the tree cores with a gravity gun? That way you could get much more mileage out of the miner's tree and will also be able to relocate the other trees (or at least the part that causes the effect). If you can pick them up with a gravity gun, then you can also drop the cores on torches or half slabs to collect them, for easy transport.
not sure I am too scared to try in survial world but I will try in creative update it does infact work so you can move cores with gravity gun [DOUBLEPOST=1375621703][/DOUBLEPOST]
You're missing the option: I don't use Twilight Forest mod.
To settle this the thread was meant for ftb players who use the mod and were unaware of how awesome the trees are and that they are out of wip
this is not sound mean or anything but I just thought you should know

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen them but never found them before. Good info in this thread. Twilight Forest actually has a lot of new content. The Knights Dungeons have lots of new mobs and loot btw. There's plenty of reasons to explore that dimension again in 1.5. I hope there mire coming in 1.6

The classless

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen them but never found them before. Good info in this thread. Twilight Forest actually has a lot of new content. The Knights Dungeons have lots of new mobs and loot btw. There's plenty of reasons to explore that dimension again in 1.5. I hope there mire coming in 1.6
I found one those but my weapons are too weak to hurt any of the mobs there but now I have a wand of lighting and the mobs will die

Necr0maNceR

Jul 29, 2019
Infused stone not only functions as an ore, it can also recharge the aura. That is likely why Azanor made them unable to be silk touched or gravity gunned. The crystal capacitor is something you can research that will give you the effect infused stone has on the aura, but you are able to pick it back up and place it somewhere else.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to try them, but I have no clue where to FIND them. Are they just a rare grown tree in the wild or some trick to locating them? I have no idea what I'm looking for and just see normal standard twilight trees.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to try them, but I have no clue where to FIND them. Are they just a rare grown tree in the wild or some trick to locating them? I have no idea what I'm looking for and just see normal standard twilight trees.

They're found as rare loot in Leaf Dungeons, which can be found in giant Twilight Oak leaves.

in the huge twlight trees' leaves the way to tell is may seeing a 3x3 square on a 7x7 cubeit should look like the this

xxx
xxxxxxx

in game picture
View attachment 6642

FryoKnight

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if this is a bit of a Necro-post, but I found this tread and I have to say my opinion.

I recently found some of the Magic Saplings while I was randomly exploring, seeing as I tend to go to the highest point I can find and use it as a look out to find interesting structures when I heard the sounds of spiders. I investigated and found one of the Leaf Dungeons and got ahold of my first Tree of Transformation Sapling, which got me looking and hunting down for any other rare loot (up until that point I thought that the Magic Tree Saplings where still WIP). So far I LOVE the Tree of Time, thus far one of my favorites, simply because of it's look, plus it made my Silverwood and Greatwood Saplings grow faster (or, at least I think they did...).

I do have some questions though for anyone that may know.

Will the Core blocks still function if without the rest of the tree?
I know that the Portal Gun/Gravity Gun and pick up and move the Core blocks, but I would like to know before trying to relocate the trees (kinda was testing them out and are now in the way of a Build of mine...).

And has anyone figured out the Area of Effect (AoE) each tree has? And is the AoE centered where the sapling was, or where the core is? The Tree of Transformation has a pretty simple one to find out, seeing as it affects a visible area, but I can really tell with the other ones. Would really like to know on the Miner's Tree and the Tree of Time.

If anyone can answer those, it would really help me out. ^w^

Infused stone not only functions as an ore, it can also recharge the aura. That is likely why Azanor made them unable to be silk touched or gravity gunned. The crystal capacitor is something you can research that will give you the effect infused stone has on the aura, but you are able to pick it back up and place it somewhere else.
Btw, if you are playing the 1.5.2 version of one of the mod packs that added in Thaumic Tinker, the Wand of Dislocation can be a big hand for getting Infused Stone around the surface (currently building a castle out of Fire Infused Stone blocks with a Lava mot in a Volcano biome from Plenty O' Biomes. :3). And the Miner's Tree REALLY helps with finding Infused Stone. :3