How long will the new FTB packs last?

Samueldmm

Jul 29, 2019
I'd just stick to one mod pack, then move on when you have the time. I skipped straight from around 1.2.5 into 1.5.2, (I like the coincidence there) It's what you make it not what the mod authors make it ;)

Reactions: Dex Luther

Lord Wumbo

Jul 29, 2019
EthosLab released a video where he talks about that. Know sure if un worry means that, but if he does: Etho said that it seems that Elooram doesn't want to update the mod anymore, or doesn't have the time :b

Just because it seems like it, doesn't mean a definitive no. Look at Duke Nukem Forever. That took like, how long?

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Just because it seems like it, doesn't mean a definitive no. Look at Duke Nukem Forever. That took like, how long?

So...basically you're saying to keep an eye out for Redpower 3 for minecraft 25.6.2?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Zexks

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Etho makes three.

Everyone is being respectful to Elo, as she created an awesome mod, but there appears to be buckley's of it being further maintained.

Personally, I love her mod and always struggle early in a new world without RP, but there are so many vibrant alternates now, its just a question of moving on and experimenting with something new.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
It will last as long as the other packs. Meaning it will last forever if you don't update or it will last a max of 4 months if you update.

And seriously... Minecraft world longevity is a big old myth.
It doesn't exist, in Modded Minecraft and Vanilla alike. Your builds will be lucky to last the year let alone forever (especially on a server).
I don't know how people can even enjoy this game without first coming to terms with the fact their stuff will not be around for long.

It's not only a problem of version updates either... There's a myriad of other reasons a map can go *poof* outside of updates. The map file could become corrupt after a crash and backups totally lost. Control of the server could have been wreathed from them for whatever reason. The server could have been abandoned by the owner and the owner not bothering to back up the map. Or the owner purposely does it as a part of policy and or because their players demand resets (some people like rebuilding).

Unless you play single player and are VERY VERY diligent in backing up map files and being certain you have the versions of the Jar that can run it or just plain do not update.
Just consider map longevity to be as real as Herobrine (i.e; not real at all).

I will say though, I do know it sucks to lose work I've lost a hell of a lot of it in my time playing, it especially sucks when you are in mid build. But you play minecraft... Why are you not yet used to it? Get over it and re build.

And I do see the problem of a server owner not updating. When a new Vanilla version or modpack comes about players can sometimes hemorrhage like your server's just had it's heart pulled out. It seems Minecraft players have the attention span of a gnat and fly some where else before the hat's even been dropped. Always hopping to the next big thing.
So yeah "Not updating" has it's problems.

Also why is RP2 even mentioned here? It's relevance to this topic is the same level as the mods relevance to FTB (irrelevant in other words). RP2's existence or non-existence in the FTB pack while a determining factor ATM means little when it comes to the chaotic environment that is Minecraft Modding. Mod pack/ map longevity would probably still be short whether Eloram could be fucked modding or not (And Frankly I would be WAY ruder then her if I was in her shoes, I'd make Greg actually look like a decent and friendly guy by comparison). Chances are if it wasn't her holding things up (I do agree she is holding things up) someone else would have.

Reactions: Lord Wumbo