How does Direwolf...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
How does Direwolf manage to move multiple stacks of one item in one go? You see him do it on his vids where he'll have an inv full of random crap but in amongst it he'll have, say, 10 stacks of glass. You see him go to a chest and then boom, all 10 stacks move from his inv to the chest in one go. He's not shift clicking them individually really fast, they ALL transfer at the same time.

I recently discovered that holding the space bar when clicking in your inv will transfer the entire contents out in one click which I didn't know about, but I've messed about for ages and can't figure out how he does it.

Any ideas folks? :)

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
This is added with 1.5.1, as one of their Inventory Tweaks. It may also be just the Inventory Tweaks mod itself. Either way.

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
Shift + Ctrl + Left click

Doesn't do anything. Just works the same as normal shift click, ie. 1 stack at a time.

Edit: Read the later posts here now. It's not only for 1.5 because he's doing this in his normal LP which is still 1.4.7 so there must be a way of doing it in the current DW20 modpack.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't do anything. Just works the same as normal shift click, ie. 1 stack at a time.

Edit: Read the later posts here now. It's not only for 1.5 because he's doing this in his normal LP which is still 1.4.7 so there must be a way of doing it in the current DW20 modpack.
...Such as InvTweaks, which he uses?
That being said, now I understand why I was occasionally moving several stacks at a time without trying but couldn't figure how how I was doing it.
Yay 1.5.1 having useful features!

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019

It works for me. I'm using the DW20 pack. However I'm not using windows, so perhaps the shortcut is different? Not really sure.

I can confirm that Bickers's suggestion works also, although I think it's not exactly what you were asking for. Still pretty useful though.

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
It works for me. I'm using the DW20 pack. However I'm not using windows, so perhaps the shortcut is different? Not really sure.

I can confirm that Bickers's suggestion works also, although I think it's not exactly what you were asking for. Still pretty useful though.

I don't think we're talking about the same thing here. He is talking about just moving ONE stack at a time, which everyone knows is done by shift click. What I'm talking about is moving ALL stacks of the same item in one click. Shift + CTRL + left click doesn't do that, it just acts the same as normal shift click here. In your main game controls, what binding do you have set to your CTRL key? I don't have anything set for mine at all.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
It's from Inventory Tweaks. To get the full list of shortcuts, click the [...] button on your inventory, or any chest.

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
I understand what you are talking about. Both the shortcut I gave you, as well as Bickers's shortcut work. For me at least.

And just to make it crystal clear: using (Shift + Ctrl + Left/Right Click) I can select one stack of items and ALL stacks of the same type of items are transferred from/to my inventory. This works exactly the same way as whatever shortcut Direwolf20 is using which may or may not be different, I don't know. Using Bickers's shortcut: you pick up a stack of items, and drop it into the inventory you want it be moved in while holding down Shift. All stacks of the same type of item will be moved also.

My Ctrl key is set as the Boost key (for the quantum legs and advanced jetpack I think), which is the default binding as far as I know, as I never set it to that.

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, my apologies folks... Turns out LCONTROL + LSHIFT does work after all, BUT... not on AE inventories, which is where I was trying it (ME access terminal, specifically). Just tried it on a chest and it works just fine. :cool:

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Dam thats been around since 1.3.5 with inventory tweaks. might be my keyboard but its kinda funky for me to do so I don't bother anymore..

Anyway the key combo is hold down Shift and Ctrl and Left double click real fast.