How do you use thaum scanner upgrade?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
I've been messing around with turtles and code recently but this one escapes me. I'm able to wrap the peripheral but don't know how to use the .getAuraNode() to put the data into variables and how to read them. Does anyone know?

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
sorry, thats just how i wrote in the post. I was right in the program.

what I have so far is

Code:
goggles = peripheral.wrap("right")

function readAura()
    junk, junk2, aura, flux, type = goggles.getAuraNode()
end

readAura()
print("Aura: "..aura)
print("Aura: "..tostring(aura))

and i get the error

Code:
startup:6: java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to thaumcraft.api.AuraNode
(line 6 is the junk, junk2... line)

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
All I can find are some suggestions that compatibility got broken somewhere along the line and may not be fixed yet. But that's shaky data, as I can't find anything that explains what you'd expect to get back in the first place.

What happens if you just run "goggles.getAuraNode()", or "junk = goggles.getAuraNode()"?

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
All I can find are some suggestions that compatibility got broken somewhere along the line and may not be fixed yet. But that's shaky data, as I can't find anything that explains what you'd expect to get back in the first place.

What happens if you just run "goggles.getAuraNode()", or "junk = goggles.getAuraNode()"?
The same error occurs. So weird. I checked the ComputerCraft forums and google, can't find anyone who has tried to mess with it.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Those who talk about it, talk about the same error. I've just built one and also can't get it to co-operate - the only way I can stop that error being thrown is by trying to access that function while no valid node is in range.

Methinks it's indeed bugged, as it's complaining about some call within the API itself, not the output of the specific function you're trying to call.

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
damn, what sucks is that the other two functions work, but not that one. Hopefully RichardG knows about it.