How do you reset timer mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
I'm not playing against anybody else, what's the fastest way to reset it?

Otherwise, what files are part of the timer mod, so that I may most easily remove it?

adib

Jul 29, 2019
DarkJDL said:
I think you can remove it by removing the "timerMod" folder from the "Mods" folder.
yeah only thing i can think of, i looked in the configs and couldnt find one for the timer to reset it.

slauter

Jul 29, 2019
there is no way to currently reset it, and that is intentional. its based off your computer time

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
slauter said:
there is no way to currently reset it, and that is intentional. its based off your computer time

I think I know how to "reset" it, but that's very cheaty. lol

-edit-
Yup, I reseted my timer; I have 20 seconds played in my 17 hours map. now to restore it the way it was. lol

--edit2--
slauter said:
What's true in that? I reseted it, and put it back the way it was; without changing my computer time.

Also; I'm not going to say how I did it because it's cheating; But just a tip on how to do it; When this is SMP, only Server Admins will be able to do it.

---edit3---
only Server Admins will be able to do it.
unless the timer mod doesn't get server side "at all" <--- But something bugs me in that statement.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
But it's counting from the start of my first download.

Doing a normal, and then doing insanity, it shouldn't count the *mumble,mumble* DAYS it took to pass normal against my insanity run.

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest if you're starting fresh; rename the folder of the Insanity map.

example; I got FTB Insanity SSP v2.zip

extract FTB Insanity SSP v2.zip (anywhere except the "saves" folder)
rename FTB Insanity SSP v2 folder to FTB Insanity SSP v2 Freshstart
place it in your "saves" folder. That ought to do it =)

*cough* also not the way to reset the timer, to reset it there is a much simpler way, but that way makes sure you have a fresh start that comes with the timer =D

slauter

Jul 29, 2019
DarkJDL said:
slauter said:

-edit-
Yup, I reseted my timer; I have 20 seconds played in my 17 hours map. now to restore it the way it was. lol

--edit2--
slauter said:
What's true in that? I reseted it, and put it back the way it was; without changing my computer time.

Also; I'm not going to say how I did it because it's cheating; But just a tip on how to do it; When this is SMP, only Server Admins will be able to do it.

---edit3---
unless the timer mod doesn't get server side "at all" <--- But something bugs me in that statement.

you did not "reset" the timer you deleted it, even then ti will not matter as all official speed runs have 2 be fully you-tubed or streamed so being able to delete a mod in your mod folder will give you 0 advantage and would only make you think you reset it

Loothias

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe a mod dev can create a special button that when pressed can start, stop, and reset the timer or make something so people can restart easily. But then again why do you need to reset it?? start a new map.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Loothias said:
Maybe a mod dev can create a special button that when pressed can start, stop, and reset the timer or make something so people can restart easily. But then again why do you need to reset it?? start a new map.
When I tried that, the new map, had the exact same time as the old map (plus a few seconds)

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
slauter said:
DarkJDL said:
slauter said:

-edit-

--edit2--
slauter said:

---edit3---

you did not "reset" the timer you deleted it, even then ti will not matter as all official speed runs have 2 be fully you-tubed or streamed so being able to delete a mod in your mod folder will give you 0 advantage and would only make you think you reset it

-first: "reset" means restart at 0 no? That made it start at zero(the timer was still there)
-secondo: I told him how to "remove it" because the "reset" method was cheaty
-I can't count in that language 3: in what way is it based on computer time? If I close my game, the timer stops.
-4: He never said he wanted to use it on youtube, did he?
-5: I also told him how to "reset the entire map(timer included)" in another post

---edit---
this is the post I am refering to in 5:

DarkJDL said:
I suggest if you're starting fresh; rename the folder of the Insanity map.

example; I got FTB Insanity SSP v2.zip

extract FTB Insanity SSP v2.zip (anywhere except the "saves" folder)
rename FTB Insanity SSP v2 folder to FTB Insanity SSP v2 Freshstart
place it in your "saves" folder. That ought to do it =)

*cough* also not the way to reset the timer, to reset it there is a much simpler way, but that way makes sure you have a fresh start that comes with the timer =D

see? I am doing everything to make him 'not cheat' while still not saying it's impossible so I don't lie.

--edit2--

FFS, we need Spoiler tags or something.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
start stop and reset buttons were intentionally not added. Are you saying you went from a normal map to a different insanity map and you didnt get a new timer? If so I will have that looked at.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
restarted the normal map a number of times, counter kept going up, never returned to 0.

today went from regular to insane, counter was displayed as if it had continued.

Did fresh instal of map, reset to 0, afraid to touch abandoned normal mode now.

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
ICountFrom0 said:
restarted the normal map a number of times, counter kept going up, never returned to 0.

today went from regular to insane, counter was displayed as if it had continued.

Did fresh instal of map, reset to 0, afraid to touch abandoned normal mode now.

yeah, the thing is, if you just extract the map over the old one, your save files do not reset. because in the zip, there's no (fresh)file to overwrite them. so by starting from nothing, it resets to zero.

MrSphex

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't seen if anyone has said it yet, but if you looked in the world save, there is a "timer_yourusernamehere" file. If you delete this, the clock goes back to 0:00:00. If you'd like to disable it, just delete the folder labled "timer" in the mods folder.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
MrSphex said:
I haven't seen if anyone has said it yet, but if you looked in the world save, there is a "timer_yourusernamehere" file. If you delete this, the clock goes back to 0:00:00. If you'd like to disable it, just delete the folder labled "timer" in the mods folder.
why'd you tell them that...
there are reason why people have told it.

MrSphex

Jul 29, 2019
ICountFrom0 said:
Yha? To be a jerk, to inflate post count?

If it's not recorded, end to end, on video, it's not a speed run.

So it can't be to remove the possibility of people cheating, as that's already taken care of.

So, what's your reason for spending posts on cryptic hints, instead of a simple truth?

Haha, I appreciate the defense. And don't worry about his posts, he usually does have a good amount of decent ones (I was being a stalker ;)). But as I just posted in the other thread covering this, if people are cheating the time, they're just cheating themselves. I wish I had a good computer so I could do a speed run. Watching Spherous' FTB LP (He's actually really good commentator for just starting, he can be found on the Streams and Youtube subforum), I didn't realize you could make a dark room before making a mobtrap, which for me would significantly drop a lot of lag (The bouncing and particle effects created by mobs in water is the reason I'm guessing I lag when near the mob traps I usually make) and help time. So far i've completed two runthroughs and on my third and fourth in parallel (Third one being edited a bit so I needed extra items, such as 8 times the amount of items for the computer challenge. and 64 reactors...Seriously what the hell was I thinking there...took me three hours to craft all those -_-). First run through took about 46 hours (which I was really proud of xD Look around the 140's and 150's pages on the MC forums to see how ecstatic I was xD) and the second being about 34. The thing one though has three challenges left; Power (Which has two HV solars on right now. Just haven't finished getting the MFSU's full) Buildcraft (Just need the Chassis pipes and the Quick sort modules) and really all the EMC items for Fires of Hell...and I'm 30 hours in, which isn't that bad considering I made everything on "Things that make you go boom" a full stack per item (which meant I needed a stack of all those besides the Catalytic lens since that isn't a stackable...This sucked! Crafting 192 reactor chambers was awful :| ). Anyways, I'ma finish off this REALLY long almost pointless post saying I really hope I can get the map (as it stands normally) under 24 hours eventually. Cheers xD

Status
Not open for further replies.