How do you fuel your Blood Powers?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently trying a non-aggressive mob way of doing it... The Flesh Golems are my current experiment as they have the highest rate of self-repair. Not sure if they can survive un-aided vs the Well, suppose I shall see... I did stick a Fez on them and I think that should work.

How are you guys powering your Blood Magic Powers?
Self Sacrifce? Well of Suffering (w/ what your using)?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
From what I've heard, Cursed Earth (Extra Utilities) is pretty popular. As are witches, since they actually do regenerate faster than the Well of Suffering damages them.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Villagers~

Double bonus, I actually timed it out to were the auto-spawner spawns them, Well of Suffering dmg's them down to .5/1 heart then the floor drops out into a smeltery (muhahahahahhahahahahaha)

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Witches on graveyard soil, with a regen ritual nearby. They last forever, after running the MFR machine for a bit, some 100-200 accumulate while ticking every Well of Suffering pulse. I wanted to automate this process, but AS don't have no CC.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
4 witches with nametags stuck in the middle of a well of suffering.

Prior to the well of suffering, MFRspawning witches 50 or 60 at a time and stabbing them in the toes.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Back in Monster I used a well of suffering with a bevy of villagers in it, complete with a set of potion crystals from Geostrata keeping them alive.

I haven't added Geostrata in 1.7 yet, so I'm currently looking for a new source of health regen that works on mobs. Hoping maybe witchery or botania can do it but I haven't explored either yet.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Back in Monster I used a well of suffering with a bevy of villagers in it, complete with a set of potion crystals from Geostrata keeping them alive.

I haven't added Geostrata in 1.7 yet, so I'm currently looking for a new source of health regen that works on mobs. Hoping maybe witchery or botania can do it but I haven't explored either yet.
I believe that Reika moved the GeoStrata crystals into Chromaticraft during the 1.7 update. Just FYI.

If you have a reliable source of netherwart and [ghasts or [gold and melons] or [spiders, sugar, and brown mushrooms]], you can go the Vanilla route and mass-produce potions to chuck at mobs (regen or instant health for the living, or harming for those pesky undead) to keep them alive. However, by that point, it's probably easier to just use spawners or cursed earth so you don't have to constantly spend lots and lots of reagents just to get a constant supply of blood. On the other hand, if you can get spiders and undeads to spawn, you could use the spider eyes and some external netherwart, sugarcane, and mushroom farms to produce harming potions and combine the two approaches.

I'm actually going to try this now.

Update: Seems that spiders killed by the Well of Suffering never drop their eyes. So, I had to put a ring of blocks with Iron Spikes (from Extra Utilities) on top around my Ritual of Containment, so skeletons, zombies, and creepers would pass through unharmed (save by the Well of Suffering in the roof), while spiders get pulled into the spikes. I'm rolling in eyes now.

Next step: Some farms and auto-brewing.

Last edited:
A

Axan0

A mass of mob that can regenerate (witch is better because of potion but don't forget the name tag if it is an hostile mob) on some wooden spike of extra utility (if anything else than witch use wood to make sure the mobs don't die(wooden spike leave at 1 hp like poison))

p.s.: I know it's an old thread but it is to help the recent players

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in DW20 1.10 pack at the moment, i followed his plan and built a tier IV blood alter, with a room full of mobs being spawned by cursed earth.

It was a complex build but i followed his guide after several watch through's of his video's.

There is a ritual under the alter above the room.

2017-03-01_21.32.07.png this is the undecorated blood alter level IV
2017-03-01_21.32.21.png Another shot showing blood power
2017-03-01_21.32.23.png The alter auto crafts slates, when done it puts an orb in there to generate power
2017-03-01_21.32.45.png Here is a shot of the 'murder room', cursed earth lines the floor with a vacuum chest absorbing all of the drops
2017-03-01_21.32.49.png A storage drawers system storing drops, this is where my slates are stored after auto crafting (DireWolf20's playthrough series has detailed instructions)
2017-03-01_21.33.02.png Here's a shot of the ritual that sits between the death room and the alter above, the room is turned 'on and off' by wireless red-stone switches and inverted powered lamps, wireless RF charging points power the lamps.

I have hundreds of level 1 through level 3 slates and 1,000,000 blood power.

Hope this helps.

-Wuffle!

Attachments

• 2017-03-01_21.34.30.png
    2017-03-01_21.34.30.png
    335.7 KB · Views: 57

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Cursed earth. Manual sacrificing to start, well of suffering once I reach that point. If I'm feeling particularly fancy I'll automate slate creation with a ComputerCraft/OpenComputers program I wrote.

Reactions: WuffleFluffy
U

Unistic

The simplest way without alot of work or nametag is just (with witchery installed) use Coven Witches, the witches that talk and give quest. They will self heal and they don't require nametags as npcs they won't despawn. A simple lasso will alow you to capture/transport them. They are also every where and easy to find I normally use about 6 to 9 inside in a pit underneath the well of suffering.

Reactions: WuffleFluffy