How do you delete a config file?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
M

MikW

One of the mods in my pack has a bug and the mod creator said that to fix the bug I have to delete the config file and let it regenerate when I launch the game the next time. How do you do that? I'm new to modding and config files and the like. I'm afraid to harm my game.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Open the folder for your modpack (this varies depending on where your launcher downloaded it to), in the modpack folder go into the 'minecraft' subfolder, then the 'config' subfolder in here.

Each mod in the pack will have a .cfg (as in, config) file in here. Find the one you need and delete it.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Open the folder for your modpack (this varies depending on where your launcher downloaded it to), in the modpack folder go into the 'minecraft' subfolder, then the 'config' subfolder in here.

Each mod in the pack will have a .cfg (as in, config) file in here. Find the one you need and delete it.

Actually, to play it safe maybe just rename it to "file.OldCfg". That way the program thinks it needs a new one and generates it but you still have the original if something doesn't go right.

Reactions: Henry Link